Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xenochim Whitelist - Shadow Quill
BYOND Username: Shadow_Quill

Discord ID: Shadow_Quill#9731

Race or Language whitelisting for: Xenochimera

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?: Xenochimera's main mechanic is that they have a ferality level. Things that make them jitter (ie coffee), cause them pain, or injure them will decrease a meter akin to sanity, which ends up with them going feral at a certain point. Past this, they get fluff messages. When they're in darkness, and/or fixing the things that caused them to go feral initially, they will slowly regain sanity, returning to normal (or as close to normal as a xenochim is) with some time.
They also don't contract viruses, take less brute damage (but more burn), slightly faster than a baseline human, and can see as well as a tajaran while in darkness. They're able to regenerate their body, the speed of which depends on their nutrition level. (A nutrition of 1000 gives a time of ~6 minutes), which then practically completely restores their health. They can also do this to undie!

What do you know of their lore?: It isn't known from where they originate, but their biomass has been found scattered around the galaxy. They were first encountered by the Roanoake, which eventually scuttled themself due to an 'unknown pathogen' onboard. This contagion was further discovered in two different places, and analysis determined the same organisms were in all three places. The disease was named Roanoake Syndrome, after the lost ship that seemingly first discovered them.

An asymptomatic creature was discovered who carried the disease, and as a result of further experimentation, ways to discover and prevent the infection were found. Some time after, (semi-?)sapient 'Xenochimera' were found, and others were also classified as such, now that there was an official name for what they were, even though they didn't know what they were initially.

What idea did you have for your character?: A mining xenochim, name pending a eureka moment, basically a mashup of tajaran, unathi, moth and maybe snowlep? They've slowly made their way through Nanotrasen installations, working as he moved along from station to station. He would tend to quietly keep to himself, and simply work at his job. The darkness of the mines would make a nice retreat and hunting ground for a frightened alien creature.

I tend to create backstory as I play with my characters, but if there's other things I need to put here, I'll mash something together.
Approved