Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developer Application: Lotion Abuse
BYOND Name: Lotion Abuse

Discord Name: bibbob

What role you are applying for: Developer 

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:
I have been contributing to this server for around a year if not longer as a normal player, and I would like to apply for developer to get feedback and to work with the other staff members with the wishes to drive this server for its core message of vore roleplay first, before anything else. While I am not the best in coding in DM, I have contributed mostly in front-end bug fixes, mapping fixes, and small balance changes with the intent of player QoL to make this code a more enjoyable experience.

How long have you played on the server for?: I have joined this server around August 2020, but started playing regularly around December 2020, nearly a 3 year record.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
I think the only thing I was warned for was improperly using the respawn verb when I was new here, otherwise nothing of note I can remember.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
I have been banned from Gurgs for 'drama stirring' which really just boiled down to friend drama if that counts, otherwise a clean track record in every server I played since I first picked up ss13 in 2018. Including servers from /TG/, Beestation, Hyperstation, Skyrat, and a short time in VORE.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
I have not been staff in any other server.

What do you want to gain from being staff?
Mostly feedback and to work with other staff members to drive the core message of the server when making new content or fixing existing content. 

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
Probably the same as I have always been, I've been already contributing as a player for around a year now, and I will still be contributing in the future.

What do you want to offer to the community?
A game that is generally easier to play that supports roleplay first before anything else, cleaning up/reporting any bugs that would crop up, and expanding on features that have either been forgotten or unfinished. My goals in the end is to make the game more !FUN! and enjoyable to play.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.

I currently live in CST in the Midwest, but due to my job, I am mostly only available briefly in the early mornings and the midnight hours (10pm and beyond) with the occasional afternoon on a day off. 
Developer

What expertise can you offer to the staff team (e.g. mapping, coding, etc.)?
I have been mapping for a while, with a bit of simple coding knowledge to pair with the maps, I have already brought VR into the station, made mapping changes to SC such as the botany revamp, OM shuttle improvements and fixes, the chem distillery, and even the entire Downtown gateway mission. I have also fixed a few bugs that popped up on various places. 

Can you show any examples of your work (github PR’s count)?
https://github.com/CHOMPStation2/CHOMPSt...s%3Aclosed
Here is my GitHub PRs from me, some closed some merged but 68 in total, and it contains everything I have mentioned in the above question.
Approved