Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Manager Application - Demintika
General

BYOND Name: Demintika

Discord Name: Demintika

What role you are applying for: Event Manager

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?
As someone who spend 90% of my free time reading and writing novels, I really love stories and lore. Seeing Kassc weaving the plot his events inspires me to do the same, so that I can show everyone some good stories of my own making. Furthermore, I also enjoy making puzzle and minigames, and love seeing people solving them.

How long have you played on the server for?: Since 24th August 2020

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
I got poked by Cyrelius about my issue in game, but I am not sure if those can be considered Reprimand.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
Banned for one week in Virgo, but I don't believe they are justified: Job stealing for doing Solar in dead shift as Science, 2 hours before an Engineer came; at the same time got blamed by said Engineer for almost causing delam although never touched the engine. Didn't even have chance to ask why.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
None.

What do you want to gain from being staff?
The power that helps crafting my own event / puzzle / minigame easier. I can already do the latter two using in-game mechanic, but it would help a lot as an EM.
And also, a blue name on Discord.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
At first, I would probably be helping other EM hosting their event, I love helping. Then when I have more experience with the controls, I would move toward hosting my own event solo for people to enjoy (while still helping in between, ofc).
My ambition is one day I can host an epic event, like an FF14 endgame raid.

What do you want to offer to the community?
My desire to help, my need for approval, my crave for vore, and my skill to push the plot forward. And my humor. Can't forget that.
Joke aside, as I am from a different timezone than most, I am available to liven up the less populated shift with spice and small events.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
GMT+7
Monday to Friday, 19:00 (7pm) to 00:00 (12am)
Saturday and Sunday, 08:00 (8am) to 00:00 (12am)
However I can stay up late and wake up early if needed.

Event Manager
If you have been a game host in the past, how good have you been at improvising? This doesn’t need to be ss13 and could involve examples such as being a Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master.
I've been hosting simple table-top game, some of my own design, every now and then. I am good at driving the plot forward, steering the flow to get where I want, but also compromise and improvise to ensure a good story when things go off the plan.

This is the most stressful position in the staff team; how well do you handle negative community feedback?
Can't be more stressful than my job. I understand that it's impossible to satisfy everyone, and everyone can make mistake (even myself). I always strive to learn from the feedback and my mistake to improve in the future.
Approved