Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Application Sly SilentClaw
General

BYOND Name:

slysilentclaw (Not entirely sure how formating works here as it has been a while since I edited files myself. Is just my name like everywhere else)

Discord Name:
slysilentclaw

What role you are applying for:

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: 
I personally think I would make a great addition to the team as I like to partake in things and be responsible for certain things. I like to take part, be there for others and help out wherever I can. I would think I have some great ideas at times, I work well under stress and I dont mind interacting with others. I love the community and what it has shown me in my time, and I would love to be a help for others. 

How long have you played on the server for?:
 Actively a bit on and off honestly. I have joined May 2022 and been around quite frequently in those times, but I also had some breaks inbetween to keep things fresh. I have joined back recently and it has been a great delight once more.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why? 
I havent.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
I havent either.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
Not directly in SS13. I have perms and whitelists in other servers, but most of them arent as serious as Chomp for example. I have experience when it comes to moderation overall in other contexts as I am a mod of public groups and chats. I did learn from hosting my own server for a few friends a while back, so I am not fully inexperienced but I am more than happy to learn from others and go with the flow.

What do you want to gain from being staff?
Gain sounds like I do that for personal benefits. I rather want to help, be around, show presence, be there for those that need help and be someone others can come to if they need help or want to talk about things. I want to be a fun person to be around and help with solving issues and problems. I would like to take over some responsibility and share my experiences on this servers with newer players for example. Like a guiding light in a way?

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
I plan of setting up some more characters, creating a lot more stories and interactions with different persons. I want to play more and grow when it comes to my roleplaying skills and other jobs. I want to partake in events and be a problem solver. Although it wouldnt negatively impact my will to do all that even without the moderation role. I am generally just searching out to keep the time on the server as fun as possible for me and for everyone around me. Making sure things move along well. 

What do you want to offer to the community?
Whatever I can. I have received so much kindness and helpful commentaries and fun hours from not only this server, but the community as a whole and I would love to be able to give some of that back. Be one of the types of persons that others get really happy about seeing on the server as they know it is just genuinly a great time. Being creative, offering fun twists, being nice and helpful.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
I am german so my timezone shifts a bit. Speaking from my timezone I work from morning to evening, so I would be online generally around after 7 or 8pm (German time). This changes of course depending on when I am free and what other things I might have going on, but generally thats when I start. The end is open as I go to bed when I am sleepy.

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation?
I mean, I have some friends who might be able to recommend me as a person, as for SS13 moderation itself I dont really think so. The ones I played with earlier dont play on here as it was just a small private friend group, but I am ready to prove myself, given the chance.

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?
I strive to be reliant. I work in sales for a camping place so I am used to harder situations people get mad at me for things I didnt even influence, so I dont mind that. I remain calm and try to make both sides happy. I tend to be very empathic as I can usually understand both sides. I want to look for solutions that make sense and wish to be someone people trust and like. It is important to me that people enjoy the work I am doing, but I am also very open for critique. There is always room to grow of course, so I am overall just someone with an open ear for anything they can get. 

I am of course open for questions or anything that might be useful, in case my wording isnt quite clear. I try to respond as quickly as possible.
Approved