• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developer Application: Selis
Bug 
General

BYOND Name: sirlionfur

Discord Name: Selis#7216

What role you are applying for: Developer

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:
I would like to assist CHOMPStation even closer when it comes to further development and offer myself as a general go-to person when someone needs help with UI development.
Additionally, I would also like to gather more player feedback more efficiently.

How long have you played on the server for?:
I joined the Discord server about a year ago to create/port characters and a few months after started to play a little with a friend. Then my studies began and I became a bit inactive again, though now I have found a bunch of more time and recently started to play more actively on the server.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
I never have been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded as far as I know.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
I also have never been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded on other servers either.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
I did host a custom server for a group of friends in the past, but that was about it. I did apply as a maintainer on another server in the past, which got pretty positive feedback.

What do you want to gain from being staff?
Communication is a very important thing when it comes to the development of new features and being part of the development staff would give me the option to ask around and poll about things in a more centralized way, especially when it comes to core or admin-based features that are not relevant to players at all.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
As I am currently developing Space-Station 14 but with all the features we require to switch, and once finished, I could of course see myself maintaining and developing that further and further depending on CHOMPStations needs.

What do you want to offer to the community?
Primarily I do want to offer my skills, especially on the TGUI side, to improve the overall user experience for everyone and contribute to the codebase with more advanced projects.
Additionally, I want to also offer help to those who are not that experienced with JavaScript/TypeScript yet to create custom UIs for their things.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
Most active will most likely be on the weekends as I have most time on those days of course.
But all in all the times that I would be most active/available would be about 6 pm to midnight.
Timezone: (Wintertime) UTC+1 / (Summertime) UTC+2 - Aka German Time

Developer

What expertise can you offer to the staff team (e.g. mapping, coding, etc.)?
Most of my expertise is in coding, especially when it comes to external stuff like tgui (JavaScript/TypeScript) or other custom things that are planned in future projects (see Map History API in the suggestions section). Otherwise, I also have a bunch of experience in server administration in general, though I suppose that is less required for this role.

Can you show any examples of your work (github PR’s count)?
In the past, I have done over 100 PRs on Virgo on various things. Some are bug fixes, but other things are also more notable projects.
Here is my GitHub Account: https://github.com/ItsSelis

Here is a list of some bigger projects:
ONGOING:
- SS14 (with Vore features)
- Browserized Statpanel
- Replacing VChat with TGChat
- Tickets System

MERGED:
- <Generally the maintenance and updating of the entire tgui backend, like bugfixes, quality improvements, and new components, etc.)>
- Nice ticket panels for admins/mentors
- <Various ports like admin tokens, weakref refactors, updating core functions like the MC/Subsystems)>
- HTML/VRDB Belly Export
- Fixing 2 Blocker Bugs, that could have crashed the server if players abused it too much
- Improved VorePanel UI (Belly List on the left instead of on the top for example)
- EventKit (Currently only the MobSpawner)
- MultiMap Testing
- TGUI Fallback Logic

Other non-SS13 contributions can also be found on GitHub like Microservices Development etc.
Contribution count in the last 2 years according to GitHub: 575.