Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developer Application: Makkinindorn / Aroliacue
BYOND Name: Makkinindorn

Discord Name: Aroliacue#1911

What role you are applying for: Developer

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: I would like to keep working on Chompstation and the future Chompstation 14 with more staff and developer communication.

How long have you played on the server for?: Around six months.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?: I have not received any warnings or reprimands to my knowledge, and I have never been banned from this server.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?: I have been tempbanned from Virgo for one day following an IC incident escalating to an OOC incident. Otherwise, I have not received any other bans or warnings on any other server (to my knowledge).

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?: I am currently a developer for Halostation 13 and was given the role early this year.

What do you want to gain from being staff?

By being part of the staff team, I'd like to help work on the development of new Chompstation content and have greater communication with other staff members. I would also like to help work on Chompstation 14 in the future, if that ever becomes a thing.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?

I would like to maintain a relatively consistent level of contribution to the codebase and mapping expansion, and see myself adding to the content available onstation greatly, as well as assisting with fixing issues and bugs wherever they might pop up.

What do you want to offer to the community?

I want to offer a greater and inclusive experience to the players that encompasses all in-game departments wherever possible, as well as expand upon overmap content and contribute to game balancing.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.

GMT+10, live in Australia but my Discord DMs are always open and available. I work on projects in my free time but can expedite things if needed.

Developer

What expertise can you offer to the staff team (e.g. mapping, coding, etc.)?

I am an experienced SS13 mapper with projects across numerous codebases, most notably Polaris and Halostation. I have also made some maps for Aurora. I am familiar with how BYOND code (and in extension SS13 code) functions and can make smaller contributions and changes on my own, but I am not a coder.

Can you show any examples of your work (github PR’s count)?

As of writing I am currently doing a rework of the exploration carrier, but you can find my github account at https://github.com/Aroliacue with ~100 PRs in the last six months.
Approved