Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somemeguy Borg/Etc App
BYOND Username: Somememeguy

Discord ID: Something#8029

About how long have you been playing on the server?: Around 1-2 years.

About how long have you been playing SS13 in general? And which servers have you played on?: Around 3 years. Played on Citadel, Citadel RP, Virgo, Chompers, and many more.

Head of Staff Department:
  1. If you are playing captain, what are some of the key departments you should know?
    As a captain, one should know the SOP of every department to make sure you know how to direct the crew, especially if no other heads are around. One should also know Command and how to lead other heads, and have some minor knowledge of what goes on in other departments. A captain should also know corporate regulations.
  2. You sign on as a low ranking head of staff (I.E. CMO, RD, CE, HOS), and find yourself the only head of staff on at that moment. Please tell us what you would do next.
    This depends on the situation at hand. If this is a normal shift, request heads as needed. In a state of emergency that isn't in your department and you feel like a head of said department is required, a fax should be sent out to request for one. This also includes if a captain is required. In a state of emergency, and no higher ranking heads are around, for the time being I would take over as acting captain until either a higher ranking head or a captain arrives.
  3. What should you take as Acting Captain? What shouldn't you take?
    As an acting captain, you should take one of the captain's headsets, the spare ID, and (if necessary) a non-lethal energy weapon. You shouldn't take anything that isn't necessary.
  4. What are you allowed to carry? What should you carry?
    Almost all roles are allowed to carry a baton with them, as well as what is assigned to them in their lockers. Depending on the role, some things may be added (like engineering materials for CEs, medical supplies for CMOs, etc).
Questions for Security Roles:

1. When do you use your taser?
    A taser should only be used in situations where verbal communication can not be reached, and the suspect is either running away, or directly about to harm another crew member or you.
  2. When is the proper time to have your armor and helmet equipped?
    Code blue and up. A security officer can wear their vests at any time, however, but they do not have to.
  3. How do you start an encounter with someone charged with a minor crime? A moderate one? A serious crime?
    MINOR: For a minor crime, an officer should try to message the suspect to come to the brig, or try to look for them. After encountering them, the officer should greet them politely, and explain to them the situation, following all SOP regulations for criminal processing. If an arrest is required, they can then be offered to pay a fine, and if they accept the fine and pay it, they can be released, and the payed fine can be brought to security by the arresting officer.
    MODERATE: This follows the same process for minor crimes. If they refuse to come with them in cuffs, more force can be administered then a minor crime.
    MAJOR: Unlike the above, none of these crimes have any sort of fine that can be payed. Upon reaching the subject, depending on the crime committed, a taser can be wielded to try to get the subject to stand down so they can be arrested. If this escalates further, they can be stunned so they can be arrested.
  4. You're a security officer who is tasked to arrest someone for something minor, lets say breaking and entering into Science. How should you proceed to arrest them? Once arrested what do you do?
    As stated in the above section when explaining minor crimes, I would walk up to the subject and politely inform them that they are believed to have committed said minor crime. I would then persuade them to see if they did commit the crime and, if they did, follow SOP and corporate regulations to explain to them the charges, and that they could pay a fine or be taken to security to be processed and do the time for the crime.
Questions for silicon roles:

1. You sign on as a borg/AI. The default law is leading to cause damage to the players and you're unaware why. Can you request a law change?
    This all depends. If it isn't breaking server rules, then I can talk to the AI if I am a borg, or talk to the RD if I am the AI. If it is breaking server rules or doesn't make sense to be there, I would contact an admin. If it is an ion law or something like it, I wouldn't do anything.
  2. Someone manages to get into your upload and uploads a law that could break server rules. What should you do next?
    Immediatly ahelp for help and advice on what to do. Until then, do not follow the law if it breaks server rules or prefs of many players.
Wow, this one is filled in quite nicely. I am impressed, but... there is one thing.

-What are you allowed to carry? What should you carry?
Very few roles are allowed a baton... but what is for sure is a flasher. All heads have an access to a flasher and are easily found in their respective lockers.

But beyond that. You are in the whitelist, I will be adding you to the blanket-whitelist. If you have any questions or concerns I will be your point of reference.