Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderator Whitelist Application
Quote:General

BYOND Name: Chewy.exe (Chewyexe for coding purposes)

Discord Name: Chewy.exe#4005

What role you are applying for: Moderator

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: I want to help the people who want to do what they want to do, the people who get stuck or just want something as simple as a size gun, try to resolve conflicts to help people come out of things happily instead of resenting one another. Hopefully to educate people if they are a bit, over the top in stuff they do, before it's too late and they get themselves banned, and overall just become a little light in the community, I don't want to be renown or bowed at, but just have been there to help a little.

How long have you played on the server for?: At least 6 or so months now I'd have to hazard a guess.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why? Yes several times, For one I was warned due to suicide things. For two I was warned about OOC harassment, borderline but still, I'm very ashamed about that one, and the latest was due to putting a maids dress on someone, though I was pressed to do so by another individual, it still fell on my head, and I learned from that.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why? I have not no.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long? Sadly not.

What do you want to gain from being staff? Just a bit of community belonging in these weird times, even if it's just to be useful to others,

How do you see yourself in the future of the server? I don't know, I don't like setting up future visions, I'd rather let the wind carry me so to speak, maybe one day I'd end up as a dev, an admin, or even an event manager, but I don't know at the moment.

What do you want to offer to the community? A smile, a warm shoulder to lay their weary chin, an ear to listen to issues if required. A helpful hand to dust em off. Just, general warmth and comfort, It's what I want to do for others, as it's something I always wanted someone to do for me.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible. I am GMT, I typically come on at around 5PM GMT, or 8PM GMT. Though at the same time I have been thinking of popping around at 12PM GMT. Take from that what you will

Developer

What expertise can you offer to the staff team (e.g. mapping, coding, etc.)? I can't offer anything in this field as of current, sorry.

Can you show any examples of your work (github PR’s count)? N/A

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation? No sadly

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented? As kassc is represented by tacos, I will be represented by fish and chips. But no in all seriousness I just want to be, someone people can come to and not feel afraid to chat to about whatever.

Event Manager

If you have been a game host in the past, how good have you been at improvising? This doesn’t need to be ss13 and could involve examples such as being a Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master. I ain't done any DM'ing, I do like to try and think up random story things though.

This is the most stressful position in the staff team; how well do you handle negative community feedback? I'm used to negative feedback on my day to day life, It'll be gucci.

Sincerely, Chewy.

Messages In This Thread
Moderator Whitelist Application - by Chewy.exe - 01-17-2022, 04:57 PM
RE: Moderator Whitelist Application - by Razgriz - 01-20-2022, 10:07 PM