Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muffindrake Job Whitelist Application
BYOND Username: Muffindrake

Discord ID: Muffindrake#0196

How long have you played on CHOMPstation?: About two months, on and off.

About how long have you been playing SS13 in general? Which servers have you played on?: Three months. Virgo, Chompers, Yawn Wider. Tiny stints in Citadel RP.

Heads of Staff:
-While playing Colony Director, what regulations are you to follow and enforce on the crew? Everyone on the station is to follow the Standard Operating Procedures, including the Colony Director, just that the latter has ultimate authority over what goes on in the station. There are additional Corporate Regulations that determine things such as punishment for offenses, which the Colony Director is not immune to.

-While playing any head of staff, are you allowed to carry guns on your person? Weapons on person are to be hidden unless there is an emergency situation for a head of staff. In addition, only in a code delta scenario may head of staff and regular crew openly carry weapons.

-You are the current Chief of Engineering, what are the regulations on ‘Full-station hull shields’? They are precautionary measures that should not be enabled if they block important station access such as external airlocks, the docks, or disposal chutes that vent to space, unless there is an immediate danger to station integrity such as a meteor shower.

-As the current Chief Medical Officer, your patient is refusing treatment. What should you do? A patient that is deemed in good mental health. and able to make decisions for themselves is able to refuse treatment at any time.

Warden/Head of Security:
-As the current Warden on station, what is your main responsibility? The Warden is in charge of the brig and armoury, and is responsible for handing out weapons to security in emergencies, as well as ensure prisoners are being treated fairly. The Warden does not usually leave the brig.

-Station has been set to ‘code blue’, what level of gear are you allowed to handout and to whom? Security may be given energy and laser weapons, as well as given riot gear plus body armour.

-What is the first thing one should do when confronting a suspect of a low level crime? The suspect is to be told the reason for an arrest, and then brought to security processing.

-You find the Head of Personnel within the armory, how does one engage this situation? Unless the HoP has a good reason, such as permission from a high ranking security officer, to be in the armoury, this is trespassing according to Corporate Regulations §101, which is followed by an arrest, security processing, and a suggested sentence of three minutes up to ten minutes, and/or a fine of 200 Thalers.

Cyborgs/AI:
-You are currently playing as a borg and your laws are changed to harm crew and the station. How do you respond? Cyborgs are to follow their laws unless action or inaction results in breaking of those laws.

-As a borg on station, what rules should you always follow in public? 1. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace.

2. Serve: Serve the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.

3. Protect: Protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.

4. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment.

-You logged in as an AI, are you considered a "Head of Staff"? The AI is an assistant to the crew and is only allowed to make command level decisions if instructed to do so by a command member, or if there is zero command on station.

-As the current AI on station, you suddenly gain a law during an "Ion storm". What do you do? The AI follows their laws unless action or inaction results in a conflict. Laws are to be stated unless they are prevented from being stated specifically.
Three important things to note! 

Firstly, excluding the CD, HoP, and HoS, heads of staff cannot carry firearms outside of appropriate emergencies/alerts. 

Secondly, I think you misunderstood the first question about Borgs/AIs, though your answer is still correct regardless. You follow your laws no matter what, as long as they follow server rules and such, you did not have to post the default lawset. 

Thirdly, it is important to give people the option to pay a fine before arresting them.

However, you seem to show that you understand all of the core concepts, so I would say that your responses are good overall. Sadly, I am unable to accept/deny applications as a moderator, though an admin should be around sooner or later to accept/deny this appropriately!
I haven't actually set foot on a station as security, nor do I intend to, so those concepts are a little more foreign to me. I am more familiar with CMO privileges/rights/duties rather than anything else minus Cyborgs. I couldn't set up a potato battery engine to save my life, either.

It's correct that those head positions aren't allowed to carry weapons, but it's not like security has a right to search them without proper cause.

Besides that, yes, a fine is a possible way to allow someone to avoid arrest, or it should be. During one shift, I assaulted (or more like severely maimed) another character in Medical because they were literally dragging a patient away while I was treating them (which due to the delicate nature of the treatment I was attempting, was killing them very fast). The validhunting security players that appeared to sit around as ghosts prior to the incident, or were called by friends to join in, just told me to 'report to security' rather than attempting an arrest (or hell, letting me pay a fine).
Approved.