Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunar Fleet's Moderator Application
BYOND Name: Lunar Fleet

Discord Name: Lunar Fleet#9618

What role you are applying for: Moderator

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: I could honestly give a good handful of reasons for this, but I'll save them for the actual moderator section of this. 

How long have you played on the server for?: Nearing two and a half months now, was brought here by Erik around the time the ads went up

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
I don't really think I was properly warned, but, I recall I once chloral'd someone for harassing a janitor, and Nadyr APM'd me for my side of the story. 

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?

Back on VS, I, for a short lived laugh, space lubed a door once. This resulted in the very short tempered CE beating and slamming my character into walls and what not until my character was in pain crit. For obvious reasons, an admin intervened, and asked me not to do that again, pff. 

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?

Now, I'm gonna, once more, save the long answer for the actual moderator section of this, because it has similar questions. As such, I'll list my only SS13 staffing experience, which was as a headmin on Scalie Station. I was staff there from nearly the beginning to the very end, albeit, it only lived about five months I believe, it was a bit of a mess internally.

What do you want to gain from being staff?

I've been stuck on this question for a good couple of minutes, because I, truthfully, don't have anything I gain from this, not really at least. I suppose the answers which would be closest to correct is that I enjoy problem solving and conflict resolution, and that I have said, multiple times before, that the server needs more staff if it wishes to grow further; it would be very hypocritical of me if I didn't offer to help fill that gap.
Truth be told, I am tired, and I say this a lot. As such, I do not really have any desires or motives beyond wishing to help fill a problematic gap, one which I am well experienced in.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?

My imagination has not gone to any elegant extremes in regards to the future, I do not wish for anything more than to do what is necessary and beneficial for the server. Again, I will get into this thoroughly in the moderator section, but I will mention that the bulk of my experience is in public relations, of sorts. My experience is in making or enacting the decisions needed for a server's survival or growth, as such, what I would like to think I am best at, is separating my reactions very thoroughly. What I want on a personal level, for myself or for the server, is not important, as long as my contributions to the server are positive, I am happy. 

What do you want to offer to the community?

As said, I pride myself in being very capable of separating my own opinions, beliefs, and perspectives, from my staff work. I have been doing so for five years now, across half a dozenish severs. I wish to offer that experience to aid Chomp, if at all possible. 

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
My schedule is very, very consistent. My time for Chomp is from 12 AM EST to 5 AM EST, nightly. The only exceptions to this is if I am having an odd/late night, in which case I may hop on an hour later or earlier. Similarly, if I am waking up late the next day, or early, I may be on until 4 am or 6 am, respectively. If I attend an event, I do not hop on for a second shift after, as to not burn myself out. 

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation?

Is there anybody who can provide a recommendation... Well of course I know him, he's me-
Jokes aside, here is where things start to get long. I will START with my two crowning achievements, in which I can get recommendations/provide proof for both.

First, the pride of my life, is my own discord server elsewhere, currently possessing 2966 members as of the time writing this. I have run my server for the past four and a halfish years, nearing five at this point. I can offer a server invite through discord DMs if requested, but, y'know, I own and run it, so, not really sure who you'd like to ask for a recommendation. 

Second, the server I saw as a role model when I was making my own. It is a Gmod community of sorts, spanning multiple servers and over thirty staff members in total. For reference, the discord server alone has 988 members as of this time. I saw this server as a role model due to their loyal staff and, most importantly, their belief that the rules are moreso along the lines of guidelines, and that things are only really problems when someone is bothered by them. This is, from what I have heard, a belief that is shared here. I have been staffing there for two, nearing three years now I believe, and am currently the discord staff manager. 

Now, I cannot get recommendations for the rest of these, as they have either been closed, or I have completely moved on from them, but they are still worth shortly mentioning.

Starting the furthest back, I was, until recently, a headmin on a discord server with 300 members. I left willingly after twoish years there.

Following that, I was an admin on a small roleplaying discord community, with roughly 200 members when I left. I left due to the chaos that the staff broke down into. I was staff there for a bit over a year I believe. 

After that, I was given ownership of another 200 member discord community, which I ran for roughly a year before stepping away.

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?

As said earlier, I believe my strongest point is being able to separate my own opinions and perspectives from my staff work. I simply wish to do whatever is best for the server; if a situation arises, my own opinions do not come into the equation. 

When working in a moderating position, I am usually rather calm and collected as a result of this. Even if it involves dealing with rather infuriated or spiteful members, it does not bother me, I do not blame them for the way they feel nor do I take it personally; it is very, very hard to phase me when I am focusing on staff work. 

When in a position that requires making decisions for the betterment of the server, I don't really care about what I personally want, because what I personally want doesn't matter, if it doesn't benefit the server as a whole. When making decisions, I am of the belief that anything can work if executed well enough, the question is simply whether the resources we have allow for that. As such, I don't treat suggestions, ideas, etc, as wrong or right, they are all right, it is just a question of whether or not executing them properly would be feasible. 

(P.S Kassc is Mexico)
Welcome to the team.