Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyrelius' Moderator Application
General

BYOND Name: Cyrelius

Discord Name: Arcacelius

What role you are applying for: 

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: 
I prefer a stable environment (server) for both myself an others to have fun in.  That said, the game's internal functionality (ie. security), makes the need for actual moderation fairly rare (I think?).

How long have you played on the server for?: 
~6 months

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
I think this counts?  Kassc poked me about misusing a shadekin's abilities (phase shift) when I first tried one, before I was aware how horrifyingly broken they were.  There was a dawning of realization when I learned how much worse it actually was than what I knew at first.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
No

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?  
No

What do you want to gain from being staff?  
Better knowledge of how the game works, so perhaps I can poke into the code with more observational data and be able to precisely put in a fix or change I want in the future (there are so many bugs, it's hard to choose).  Observing it from the back-end will help me figure this out.  I also want to maintain the (usually) friendly environment we have here, and hopefully prevent it from becoming toxic.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?  
Good question, hard to say.  I don't like being in the spotlight generally speaking, so I'll tend to be someone who lurks in the background doing what needs to be done from there.

What do you want to offer to the community?
Someone to talk to if they have a problem, technical or interpersonal, and someone who can act as a mediator when necessary.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
5pm to 11pm  Pacific time UTC-08:00, on weekdays, more on weekends.

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation?  
I've not been one anywhere else, having only ever played here and Virgo (and vastly more here), but Kassc gave me a recommendation for this one.

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?  
I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but I want to be (seen as) someone who helps, rather than someone who ruins fun.  I've seen enough examples in the past of the kind of moderator (or admin) I don't want to be, the tyrant kind.  I'm hoping to be an enabler of fun, or quiet observer of other things when possible, but will go further if necessary.
Welcome to the team.