Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cadyn's Moderator application
Honestly don't expect this to get accepted since I'm already a trial staff, but posting because I'm in a very ambitious mood and I need to take it out on this application >:v

General

BYOND Name: Cadyn

Discord Name: Cadyn#1469

What role you are applying for: Moderator

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: I'm already a trial developer for the server, and I notice there's a lot of gaps when I'm on that there's no other staff to handle moderation tasks. Obviously, being only a trial dev, I do not feel necessarily comfortable handling these situations since that isn't the role that was assigned to me, and it could be seen as misusing my powers or otherwise negative. Being able to be a moderator would allow me to handle these situations with more confidence, even if my word and my connections are my only real powerful tools. Admittedly a decent part of the reason why I want to be more is sheer ambition. I want to climb the ladder and see where it takes me. Another part of it, though, is that I believe I have mostly untapped moderation/administration/community management skills. Of course, wanting to help the community is another big reason why I want this role. Being able to give back to the community what they give to me in the form of joy and entertainment is huge, and easily the largest motivator for my persistent dev work. 

How long have you played on the server for?: 51 days according to player_age

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why? I have never been previously banned, warned, or reprimanded by admins on this server!

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why? Yes, unfortunately, Virgo was my first ss13 server and I had trouble learning the boundaries. I got in a decent bit of trouble for a few things involving boundaries such as making people uncomfortable by doing things that should've been done in private, in public, self-antagging, and having a character that was deemed unsuitable for the server! The last part leading to the worst punishment I received which was a permanent character ban. Since the character ban, though, multiple months ago, I've been much more stable and I don't think I received even a warning since then! (Copy pasted from my previous app)

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
I have been a developer for Chompers for seven days so far! They've been seven great days in my opinion, as well! I'm loving being able to do so much developer work and being directly involved with the community as I have been! 

What do you want to gain from being staff?

As I have stated previously in my reason for wanting this position, there are many things I seek to gain from being staff! With ambition being one of my driving factors for applying for another position, it could be rephrased that I seek to gain a sense of personal accomplishment by becoming a moderator, and perhaps someday a Devmin(Developer admin! Big Grin). Another thing that I seek to gain is further honing my community management and moderation skills, which I do personally believe to already be present within myself! I'd like to see these being put to use, and finding out how I can improve them even more through trial and error as well as feedback from other staff and the community! One of the most important things I seek to gain is the ability to continue to improve Chompers and make it a better place for everyone! I've already been doing my best with this task through developer work, and I think it would be great for me to be able to do this through community management and moderation work, too, especially since I personally feel like my skills extend to these realms!

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?

Well, currently I have a lot of free time on my hands, which obviously won't last forever. I think once I get a job and start doing college, I'll likely have to chill out with the server but will likely continue spending a decent portion of the free-time I do end up having, improving the server more as both a staff member and as a developer. I have stated previously that I have an ambition and a desire to rise through the ranks in this server, and I do see myself being as I mentioned earlier, a sort of a devmin, if this does end up working out for everyone! Ideally, I would be able to do both developer work and admin work as needed and as feels comfortable for me. 

What do you want to offer to the community?

I want to offer all of my skills and gifts to help improve the community as much as I can, whether that involves doing more developer work, or potentially becoming a moderator and eventually an admin! I believe I have shown how I can be a motivated, hard, and smart working developer already, and I think I've also been able to show glimpses of how well I can get along with people in general and how I can be a leader in the community that people can look up to and respect! I would like to be able to shine with these leadership and general social skills even more than I already have been through becoming a moderator, and hopefully, eventually, admin!

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.

Currently, my times vary greatly, and this will likely continue to be this way as I plan on entering a career as an EMT soon, which will provide highly variable as-needed hours. However, I do usually do dev work mostly during the morning(Although if I were to become a moderator, I could also just join on my laptop and ghost while I'm doing dev work incase a moderator ends up being needed during that time) on weekdays, so these will often end up being times during which I'm not active on the server. My time zone is PST, and as it is, I'm not usually awake from the hours of 2 am-6 am PST as well, but as I mentioned, it varies greatly, and sometimes I will sort of shift onto a night owl schedule. 

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation?

Indeed, I have been mod and admin in multiple other servers before! Two discord servers come to mind immediately, One of which is... less than fresh on memory, while the other is much fresher on memory. I do still have contact with the owners of both servers and recommendations can almost certainly be arranged! The fates of these servers both ended up being death for different reasons for each, but during their peaks they each managed to collect at least a good 200-800 members respectively!

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?

This question is quite vague, just the way I like it! As a moderator, I would like to be represented as someone that everyone can agree with, and this is backed up by quite neutral behavior in general! I rarely pick sides in interpersonal arguments, even if one of the sides is someone who is really close to me. This is because I am almost always able to see both sides of an argument, and even if I'm leaning more towards one side, it's always a very moderate opinion and able to swayed by good argument or discussion. This attribute of myself allows me to be someone that can be universally agreeable, as I don't tend to make enemies whatsoever. Even people who start disagreements with me, I'll usually try to solve, and always take feedback openly to improve all aspects of myself! 
While I'm amused, we're unlikely to offer official multi-roles until we've built up the mod/admin team.