Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Species Whitelisting
BYOND Username: AussieNimbat

Discord ID: Cute_Crew#9356

Race or Language whitelisting for: Diona

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?: They regenerate health and nutriments while in light, they are deemed as tanky due to being able to take a lot of damage, chemicals have little to no effects, the weed killer of the game known as plant-B-Gone poisons them badly, they also have no organs or bones and as such also can't feel pain but can't be resleeved or cloned due to the lack of actual DNA.

What do you know of their lore?: the earliest record of them was in 2204 when some Skrellian exploration craft found a system called Epsilon Ursae Minoris. Years rolled by and after some mining trips and research was done they found a moon that was a deep mossy green circiling a planet along with a few others, further reaserch was in order and turns out the moon had plant like life forms on it now known as Diona. After a while a deal was made and thus the scientist and miners were allowed to come to the planets of the system and make trades and what have you in return the Skrells helped plant the seeds of the Diona's across the galaxy letting them live on moons and sometimes among other species. 

Culture wise they don't have one major one but instead seem to be happy to adapt to living among other cultures and learning how they live and what not to the point the race as a whole has kind of adopted things from other cultures that they liked. What they hold above all else when it comes to some form of thing like greed, power and all that is Knowledge. It seems they enjoy learning more about the universe and the other creatures more then some shiny rock or energy forces. Thou despite this they don't really have their own religion and rarely will take one up as it's rare for them to face death anyway.

What idea did you have for your character?: Well see the thing is I actually have a character who is a Floren and was wanting to incorperate them into Space Station 13 but instead of being a floren they are a Diona. Also after researching what I can of them they seem the most interesting creature and would br fun to play as a librarian or an intern learning about things and what have you and on top of all this I do like plant based races due to the Floren and it is so facination just how much one can do with the simple idea of a plant based life form.
Approved.

I will note customization options for dionae are incredibly limited and the mechanics may be a bit cumbersome for your idea. Otherwise you're free to try to make it work as long as you don't abuse the species mechanics.