Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abc314 Moderator Application
BYOND Name: Abc314

Discord Name: Nystul#1117

What role you are applying for: Moderator

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: I'm a reasonably experienced player and I want to be able to help others. That's basically it. Any way I can help people enjoy the game is a good result for me. I don't think I could manage the stress of an event manager, and I don't have quite enough coding know-how to be a developer, but I can definitely help people as a moderator!

How long have you played on the server for?: Just under 2 years, though a bit off-and-on. My first round was a Halloween event in 2018. I took a break from the server recently for reasons expounded upon in the next question.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?    I have been warned a few times. In the first few months of my playing I didn't have a very good idea of the environment and rules, resulting in some clashes with staff. Improvements in personal maturity and a better understanding of the game and atmosphere have prevented such issues from occurring in the last 12 months at least, likely more like 16 (going off my discord message history). During the period of time where Hiziaan was briefly a head admin, I experienced a lot of flak from staff because of personal disagreements with Hiziaan. Eventually I decided that the environment was unwelcoming and took a break from Chompers, moving of my own volition to other servers. Recently, I came back to the server, and have not had any issues with the staff since.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server?    No. I was on other servers during Hiziaan's run on Chompers as a headmin, during which time I received no disciplinary action. I did help bring about a couple of changes to rules on V.O.R.E. that protected prey from facing IC consequences for non-con scenes, which resulted in some contact from admins, but nothing that could be considered a reprimand.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long? I have not. This would be my first time as SS13 staff.

What do you want to gain from being staff? Personally? Nothing. I want to give back to the community because they've been so helpful to me as I learned the ropes of SS13 and vore at the same time. I just want to help.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server? I'd like to be a long-time face that everyone knows and likes to see. In this respect, I look up to Erik as a role model. Nobody groans when they see Erik log in. I aspire to that level of wholesomeness.

What do you want to offer to the community? Whatever I can. I think the best thing that I can offer people is knowledge and clarification. I've learned a lot about the ins and outs of the server over my time here and I feel like being a moderator would be a good way of doing that. Whatever else I can contribute would be a welcome bonus.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible. I'm in the Eastern time zone. I'm currently unemployed because of COVID-19, so my active times are pretty varied. I generally play on weekdays in the afternoon, evening, or night.

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation? Unfortunately, I have not been a staff member on any other servers. Got to start somewhere, though, right?

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented? I'm not sure I entirely understand this question, but I view a moderator as a rock. They are steadfast, they are dependable, and they don't let personal issues get in the way of resolving problems. That's what I aspire to be. I want to be seen as someone who you can play a round with and goof off with but when you call me as a moderator I treat your issues and questions with the utmost respect and dignity.
While I'm happy to see you active in the community again, your return is still somewhat recent and your absence was a long one (which I certainly don't blame you for, given the circumstances). I would need to see fairly consistent playtime over a number of months to properly consider an application.