Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zamizu's application
General

BYOND Name: Megamitchel

Discord Name: Zamizu (In the Chompers discord- "Zami-Professional Fennicat"

What role you are applying for: Moderator

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: Too be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I feel like I want to be able to help be more of a social person to help people feel more comfortable in a way. Maybe be a mod who's seen as a casual friend so people don't feel like they have to watch themselves around me. (Obviously don't be a dick but ya know, go nuts). While I'm not fully sure that's why I want to be a moderator, I do want to keep being myself and helping people where I can. I kinda owe this community a lot and want to return the favor.

How long have you played on the server for?: Almost a year now. Judging from my first application of asking a whitelist for head of staff roles which was in early january it's been a little over nine months now.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
I think the closest thing that would count was when I was told I answered a few questions wrong on the head role whitelisting. But that was more feedback so...Can't say I have.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
Have been reprimanded in Citadel Station a few times when I was more unfamiliar with things. One time I did an Ickook during a cultist fight when I was being admittingly a dumbass, another time when I had an issue when playing as a borg that I did not state to a criminal that they broke a law 1 (Thou shall not harm) when they gave me a law 2 order (Thou must obey) to not arrest them. And another time when as a borg I accidentally killed a friendly team-mate during a fight when i believed they were an enemy. Many of these issues are from an antag focused server years ago, and most of which were resolved with "Okay don't do it again." at worst.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
I have not

What do you want to gain from being staff?
I don't really want to "gain" anything personally. I might end up using some things to my advantage like playing a phoenix character and spontaneously spawning in random locations after being digested for laughs but otherwise I don't know what else I'd want to really gain. Maybe more friends? I like friends.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
Still on here, still eating people, making sure everyone gets loved. There may be times in the future I go on here less and less, but right now this place is a position of comfort and fun.

What do you want to offer to the community?
A cozy fluff monster that will protect his babies. In all seriousness I do owe quite a bit to this community and I really want to show that by just spreading as much love (and shitty jokes)

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
My timezone firstly is CST (central standard time). Typically due to my job I will only be able to cover around 10PM-3AM. When I'm not working I can go from 3PM-3AM. Side note, I'm very sorry I skipped this question for some reason. I'm very sorry.

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation?
Unfortunately I have not. 

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?
I would like to be represented as a very kick back moderator, one that casually helps without a second glance and as fast as possible.
After discussion we concluded your application was in the "neutral, willing to give a shot" category. Unfortunately we were only taking 4 moderators this time around and have filled said slots. If you are still interested in becoming staff you may want to consider applying again the next time we're actively hiring.

As for your application itself, the mention of using staff abilities to spawn yourself in random places is a red flag. That is generally not acceptable for staff to do.