Poll: Is this all the case of over-reaction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, Suicides or self-harm of the crew do not harm me or other players; and OOC is just a valid place as any to talk about the game; therefore this ban is little more than jumping to conclusions
10.00%
1 10.00%
No
90.00%
9 90.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban "Appeal"- Lets face it, it's already getting denied because of conspirators.
(08-04-2020, 03:33 AM)TD_ Wrote: [Image: 802.png]
(08-04-2020, 03:30 AM)Kurou Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:26 AM)Kotetsu Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:20 AM)Kurou Wrote: Current state? This is what I'm always like, my dude. What in the heck are people talking about.
I'm talking about the fact you're obviously really heated about this. Step back for a few hours, give yourself some time to reflect.

(08-04-2020, 03:20 AM)Kurou Wrote: I genuinely haven't changed! You're alienating the shit outta me right now;
I'll admit, I've never actually seen you commit suicide in game. But if what I've heard is true, and you do it as often as you say? I'm not surprised you got a 3-week ban.
I do it all the fuckin' time. It baffles me that this being part of the character has escaped people- potentially because it seems I'm not allowed to actually play things out to their fullest; or just how i play, instead of haranguing the admins for any reason, simply because I don't have access to the SUICIDE command every time I want to die; otherwise it would be literally every fucking round. And that IS harassing them; And again, what does this matter; Only I am at detriment if I do so!

I'm only "heated" in the sense that you all seem to not be yourselves. What in the hell is going on here?
This has been going on for a few weeks now; not just the case of this ban.
Then maybe you should change that part of the character.

Also, we're not seeming ourselves because you've changed the interaction by, well... making that colossal post that people really don't want to read through.

If the admins really wanted you gone, then you would've been permabanned from the start. There's no overarching conspiracy here.
STOP THINKING THAT WE ALL HATE YOU
[Image: avali_grab_enhanced.png]
(Seriously, I don't mind you, but constantly killing yourself might go too far.)
(08-04-2020, 03:38 AM)Kotetsu Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:30 AM)Kurou Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:26 AM)Kotetsu Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:20 AM)Kurou Wrote: Current state? This is what I'm always like, my dude. What in the heck are people talking about.
I'm talking about the fact you're obviously really heated about this. Step back for a few hours, give yourself some time to reflect.

(08-04-2020, 03:20 AM)Kurou Wrote: I genuinely haven't changed! You're alienating the shit outta me right now;
I'll admit, I've never actually seen you commit suicide in game. But if what I've heard is true, and you do it as often as you say? I'm not surprised you got a 3-week ban.
I do it all the fuckin' time. It baffles me that this being part of the character has escaped people- potentially because it seems I'm not allowed to actually play things out to their fullest; or just how i play, instead of haranguing the admins for any reason, simply because I don't have access to the SUICIDE command every time I want to die; otherwise it would be literally every fucking round. And that IS harassing them; And again, what does this matter; Only I am at detriment if I do so!

I'm only "heated" in the sense that you all seem to not be yourselves. What in the hell is going on here?
This has been going on for a few weeks now; not just the case of this ban.
Then maybe you should change that part of the character.

Also, we're not seeming ourselves because you've changed the interaction by, well... making that colossal post that people really don't want to read through.

If the admins really wanted you gone, then you would've been permabanned from the start. There's no overarching conspiracy here.
Genuinely can't see it that way.
The only reason the character even works at all, on any part, on any factor; is because of the flagrant lack of preservation instinct.
I genuinely fail to see that the interaction has changed aside from being limited into a tiny box with no abhairs to work with; I tended to stick to the 'goggles, suit cooling unit' as it gave me more to work with if I stuck closer to the thing that Teshari are a bootleg of; however this got particularly tiring and, much like situations today; inevitably slips my mind; much like the suicide bit or the ooc bit. Neither of which were as egregious an offense of requiring an entire three weeks- as if that would suddenly make things any better and have any impact aside from making me more contemptible and less willing to co-operate; which is something I struggle to do because I am an extremely antisocial person and have mentioned this many times; then am painted as the problem when i am no longer able to fully fill out the arbitrary obligation? That IS a personal attack, no matter how you look at it; scorn for reasons you simply are not; by biological reasons, are capable of fully obliging and will inevitably get stuck in a circular behavioral pattern?

The difference being that all one would have to do for or against my being is press a button.
I, however, cannot fix my mind.

I really do not think my particularly minor offenses have been so bad as to consider this a required option; less the ban- I don't mind that, but three weeks is a bit silly for... what basically amounts to spilled milk?. Yes; my mind has faults. I'm sorry; But there was reason why I outright stated "I can't say it won't happen again".
I have no interest in joining in the insults or rage against OP, rather, I'd like to give my genuine, honest, experienced, opinion on the matter.

For a little context, so my standpoint is clear; I play Areli Leysa and Fina-Ncor, I have been on the server for twoish weeks now I believe. Outside of chomp, I have staffed for roughly six servers outside of SS13, and one server in SS13, and I was a headmin in three of those six non ss13 servers. My crowning achievement is running my own server, which currently has 2840 members. I am not unfamiliar with the moderation and staffing process, is the point I'm trying to get here.

Starting from the beginning, I personally have no opinion of Kurou as a character or OP, nor have I heard many tales of their past. This server is still very much so a blank slate for me, and I have little knowledge of past offenses and other such matters, so I will only be talking about what I've personally experienced, and what has been mention in this forum. Along with this, I will not be making any comments on OP's mental state, for it is of little consequence in the context of moderation. Keep in mind, this goes both ways; your problems should be given no sympathy nor should it earn any ire, it is not to be considered much at all. In the pursuit of what is best for the server's environment and well being, these problems would only paint many areas grey, giving exceptions to people who are more troubled than others, whilst not improving the environment in the slightest.

With that all being said, I shall begin.
Firstly, the purpose of any server material or channel is completely determined by the server itself, even if this goes against the designer's purpose for creating the content or channel. If you wish to suggest that this be changed, I am sure there are many places in which you can do so, such as in the discord development channel, or on the github. However, unless that is changed, the server rules stand true, and it does not matter what traditions you believe OOC should be held to. You gain little from going about things in a childish and improper way, and doing so discredits your own argument. This is not a matter of discussion, especially not in a ban appeal. If you dislike the way the server utilizes itself, move to a server which shares your ideals.

Whilst on the topic of OOC, I would like to mention that ranting about game mechanics in OOC is very disruptive to the other players, especially those who are simply trying to wind down from a troublesome day. As said before, there are places in which you can suggest and argue for changes, and I'm sure you have friends who would happily let you vent your grievances to them. It is possible some admins/devs would even be HAPPY to hear your complaints personally, as they are not mind readers and cannot know of every problem without being informed of it; though this is simply a possibility, I do not speak for any staff members here.

Moving on, the same can be said about your character taking their own life, repeatedly. It is disruptive to the environment, taxing to those who simply come to relax after a rough day, and is not simply resolved after your character is dead/you disconnect. You must keep in mind the fact that this is, at the least, a MRP server, and a suicide is not going to simply be accepted and moved on from. IC, there are going to be rough reactions, it is going to be mentioned over comms, and the server as a whole will be roughed up and brought to attention.

Furthermore, as someone who has mained medical for the past few months, I can tell you that your character killing themselves adds nothing to our shift. Primarily because suicides are DNR (Do Not Resuscitate), so you will not be revived to begin with, assuming the medical staff members in question follow that. If they don't follow that, this still offers little to the department, as we return to the same IC issues once you are revived. Suicides are not sources of interesting medical gameplay, and often go ignored in general.

As that effectively covers the reasons why you were banned, at least from what I understand, I will not be talking about anything else that was done, though I will mention a few things about server moderation in general. Most importantly here, is the effect of population numbers and first impressions. When there are very few people on the server, there is little point in strictly enforcing every rule, as there are less chances for people to be bothered by these violations. Similarly, if there is an influx of new people, you do not want to taint their first impression of the server, as they have no prior knowledge of the server. Put simply, new members do not know if what you are doing is normal, accepted, abnormal, etc. As such, if they assume that what you are doing is normal, they may lose interest in the server.

Moving on from that, I will also mention that many, but not all, servers have a more 'response' based policy; explained simply, some servers and staff will not act on a problem unless it is reported, which makes it clear whether or not the violation is bothering someone. Assuming Chomp works similarly, this only reinforces why you did not have these issues in the past; if no one reports the problem, it may not be acted upon. Again, this is making an assumption about the inner workings of the server, but the point still stands. Sadly, there are many ways to moderate a server, and I cannot speak for everyone.

Lastly, I will finish by saying that an effective staff member is like a coin with two sides. They have their personal side, and their administrative side. Ideally, these sides never meld or cross over, which is where your talk of respect comes into play. No amount of respect is going to matter, if you are violating rules and bothering people, you are violating rules and bothering people. It does not matter what excuse you have, it does not matter what disability or mental disorder you have, it does not matter what amount of effort you put into fixing the problem, or convincing the staff otherwise; you either stop violating the rules, or you do not. If you do not, you are removed from the server, encouraging you to move on and find a group which you sit better with. This is about the server and its environment, this is not about you in the slightest, you are not the focus, you are not the goal. The goal is to improve the server's environment, there is no interest in making exceptions for you, nor is there an interest in working around you. What must be done for improvement must be done; making the mother of all omelettes here jack, can't fret over every egg.

With all of that being said, that concludes my statement. I have tried my best to stick to what I would have said if this were any other server I staff for. Whilst I have no authority here, and I am not trying to influence any decisions, I wish to mention this so the problems with how you are going about this, and how you have attempted to appeal, is very clear;

If I was the one making the decisions in this instance, I would have long since posted all that I have written thus far, explained that the way you are using the forums is childish and inappropriate, and that any personal complaints should be brought up with the staff members directly, not in the appeal. If you wish to appeal, you will do it properly, you will not drag your personal complaints into the appeal, or you should be muted from the forums until you can control yourself enough to appeal properly. At this point, given that all that you have said, the ban should have been made permanent, as your passion shows that you are clearly not going to improve any time soon. If you truly care about the server and wish to rejoin, understand that the server and staff decision making process does not revolve around you, that you are simply a welcomed guest in the community, and that no one is against removing you if you cause more trouble to other guests than you are worth.
(08-04-2020, 03:43 AM)Kurou Wrote: I, however, cannot fix my mind.
I disagree. You can work to improve yourself as a person. People can and do change.

I don't think you're willing to try to improve.
... Okay, so.... maybe in terms I can understand but probably not be able to properly follow through on?
Yeah, I get it. There are certain factors.
But some factors are certainly nothing I have anything that can be done or said about.
I genuinely do not see them wanting to see anything of my nature; otherwise they would not have had issue with me discussing them in the only place I was comfortable with doing so.
Most of the above post seems like conjecture and opinion; however, and I can't really make out most of the meaning.

(08-04-2020, 03:52 AM)Kotetsu Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:43 AM)Kurou Wrote: I, however, cannot fix my mind.
I disagree. You can work to improve yourself as a person. People can and do change.

I don't think you're willing to try to improve.
so much for no conspiracy, then.
Not willing. Not willing? Suffer like I have suffered the past 25 years of my entire life, and then tell me it's a manner of being unwilling, not unable.

Just as I was starting to think I would be able to have some bloody solace and have a means of dealing with it that wasn't people simply trying to fuck with my mind, or smoking, or drinking. But nah. People gotta go and make sure I have one less means of dealing with the horrors of existentialism.

There's just no end; Life really IS hell. We're already there,
and I don't think any of you will understand; opting to think I'm just "suicidal"- Sorta wish I was! But that would imply I had any way to overcome the curse that is a preservation instinct.

Guess Jane Corrund and Cyrelius get what they want now; though...
Do you understand, now? Any hope for me is false hopes. There's nothing that can be fixed. I've got so many problems that it's impossible to dictate if there's anything worthwhile as my brain basically starts destroying itself.
I'm not asking for exceptions. I'm not asking for sympathies. I'm asking for understanding that doesn't involve jumping to one's own diagnosis and pretending to be an armchair psychologist; and not being judged or hated; or even used as ammunition against me, for the simple manner of how my brain is wired. Sure, Ban me. I've been fishing for them in the past to see how much I had to be paranoid about it and how much I could relax; Evidently I should of kept trying...
So sure, ban me, No doubt I deserve it; But it is outside of my mental faculties to understand the whole picture, So I would prefer if it wasn't held against me; given my best efforts to follow things to the best of my ability.
[Image: 4acsq1.jpg]
Debate Tip 101: If you type enough words, no one will be able to read enough to properly refute you.
deleted above due to low relevance and the post it being a response to being primarily a low-effort meme post.
I very clearly respect the community more than it respected me.
Despite all the exhausting mental gymnastics such respects and considerations require...
All the more, reasons of why I feel this way. Interacted with a few times on seemingly positive notes and making me think we're cool; and then "HAHAA FONNI MEME!" with zero fucking consideration of anything.
Least 5 people are being honest and truthful, telling me to just fuck off, or when you're being sarcastic about something that I don't always pick up very well on- being inable to properly process social queues and behavior; that's all you had to do from the start instead of making me give a shit about any o' yeh.
Depressing!
But proves how I feel, ultimately. Just discarded when I outlive my usefulness to them.
It's just a shame it took this much for people to say the truth.

I would much rather have found myself wrong about it all. Oh well. My efforts and attempts, being respectful and considerate, as utterly difficult as that was to be, seemingly never meant a thing to any of you, my perspectives ever more solidified.
At least I'm aware of that, now. How ungrateful.
I, for one, am grateful for the few joyful moments I had here.
And the comical scenarios.
Less the ERP shticks.
But the interactions aside from nonsensical furry-isms were entertaining; as much as I despise that particular part of my psyche- Or whatever sorry excuse for what the fuck is left of it after all these years.
Alas! Here we are! This is simply how the universe was meant to be.
And this has no doubt happened before in this infernal loop of reality.
All I want is to be free to never exist in life, nor death, time or space, ever again. No bullshit like reincarnation. Fuck is that? Why is this too much to ask? Why must my suffering continue? And why must others take pride in it?
Do and think what you want; Maybe you'll be able to continue to function normally as if nothing ever happened. But I struggle to function on the same levels on a daily basis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-PgkEg0VOs
Maybe one day you will be able to see as I have seen
[Image: b21.png]