Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpitefulCrow - Vox whitelist app
BYOND Username: KirbytehPink

Discord ID: Spitefulcrow#0517

Race or Language whitelisting for: Vox

Quick note: Actually played a vox on the server long ago, reapplying due to losing the original ckey I played it on.
Old ckey was "kawkaw", character names (from memory) Zythy'hl, Kallia Izari, and [a vox name that ends with Kiti] Wouldn't mind having the old account details/character file ported over if anyone is willing to do that, but no pressure.

What do you know of their mechanics?: Vox are an overpowered species originally designed as an antagonistic force during special gametypes. Run faster, stronger unarmed melee, various special interactions with devices (centered around vandalism and escape) Oxygen is poisonous, breathe phoron gas to live.

What do you know of their lore?: Not going to flood you with details here, I generally run off the old lore of them being an asexual clone race with origins shrouded in mystery. They're also generally materialist assholes who are a pain to be around. I'm aware you've revised their lore to be less openly antagonistic, and have read through the article. Will go into more detail if you want it.

What idea did you have for your character?: Same as the previous character, basically a vox engineer who doesn't want to really be there due to finding the majority of non-vox DISGUSTING. (despite being quite disgusting themselves) Generally tries to just do his job to the best of his abilities and avoid having to deal with anyone. Arrogant and uncaring, with a "near enough is good enough" approach to galcom. Generally loyal to himself (and other vox, so long as they're not WEIRD.), and the company, with the thought being that the sooner he gets the money, the sooner he can leave. Shame everyone keeps blaming him for things, especially when it was actually something he did. Oh well. Life's hard when you're a vox among dusthuffers, but at least they have nice stuff, and those shitty bird things do look tasty...

tldr socially hostile vox who tries to be useful so their player doesn't feel like a total ass. Also a sneaky git who will probably steal inconsequential items if given the chance.
Two things. First, it's strongly discouraged to design an antisocial openly hostile character. Characters of that nature are rarely pleasant to be around and typically do little but garner complaints from other players. Given most of our rounds are roleplay-focused, there's not much place for antagonistic characters during typical rounds.

Second, I recall this being a problem with how you've played vox in the past and I've observed you acting fairly antagonistic toward other players over the last few days. I'm not confident this won't be a problem again so I'm denying your whitelist.

If you can demonstrate good behavior with other players and maintain good standing with staff we may consider a new whitelist application several months from now.