General

BYOND Name:
TheGreatKitsune

Discord Name:
TheGreatKitsune#5125

What role you are applying for:
Developer

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:
Partially because some people have mentioned to me that I probably should actually apply for this role, and mostly so that I can assist with folks on the server, or sometimes better diagnose problems as they happen on the server.

How long have you played on the server for?:
Just over one year.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
Not that I remember. Unless the time I got asked about why I died just outside of an airlock counts.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
Nope.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
Nope.

What do you want to gain from being staff?
An opportunity to be of more assistance to the community, and also the ability to better see what is happening when an issue happens on the server.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
Honestly about the same regardless of whether or not this gets accepted. I'd still be doing dev work regardless.

What do you want to offer to the community?
Another person who can fulfill ahelps, and a developer with just a bit more ability then they had before.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
Central Time (UTC-06:00)
Generally from 08:00 CST to about 24:00 CST. On weekdays I do have work from about 10:00 to 18:00.

Developer

What expertise can you offer to the staff team (e.g. mapping, coding, etc.)?
Coding especially, I have managed some amount of experience with BYOND, though I am more familiar with JavaScript and in particular already had some experience with Inferno (The backend for TGUI.)

Can you show any examples of your work (github PR’s count)?
https://github.com/CHOMPStation2/CHOMPSt...eatKitsune
Plus the fix for putting folk into boots, which was done before I had that GitHub account.

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation?

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?

Event Manager

If you have been a game host in the past, how good have you been at improvising? This doesn’t need to be ss13 and could involve examples such as being a Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master.

This is the most stressful position in the staff team; how well do you handle negative community feedback?
I can only apologize for how long you had to wait, but after taking my time reviewing this now.
With the amount of background work you have done for the community, being very active in the community and ss13 game, being a respectful player in the community.
I am more than excited to have you in the team, as a reminder that this is a volunteering position so you are at no obligation to stay but we welcome anyone with good intentions.
I approve