Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holdelta - Developer Application
BYOND Name: Holdelta

Discord Name: Holdelta#4430

What role you are applying for: Developer

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:
My primary want to be on staff in a Developer role stems from wanting to implement small, but interesting things for the players.  Currently, while I can freely develop and add features to the codebase in my current role as a player, I would like perspective of what the staff wishes to make in order to drive interaction and roleplaying opportunities.  While I do not have in-depth knowledge of the optimizations of the code, or proficiency with the BYOND engine that other developers may have, I do have some creativity that I wish to impart onto the codebase of Chompstation, as well as experience in porting features from other servers and ensuring that they either function as expected, or function in a way that coincides with the culture of the server itself.

How long have you played on the server for?:

I have played on the server for a couple of weeks near the end of 2019(I even have a PR on the old codebase here as a timestamp of around the time I was playing: https://github.com/CHOMPstation/CHOMPstation/pull/863 ).  I have returned to be a more consistent player around the summer of 2020 and have only briefly left the server for, at most, a couple of weeks at a time to take breaks from the community in order to keep my perspective fresh. 

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?

To my knowledge, I have not been banned or warned for my behavior on the SS13 server.  I have received a few notifications and removal of my posts on the general Chompers Discord for potentially offensive content, as well as the safety ban of my discord account when it was compromised. 

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?

I have received a few warnings on Citadel RP for minor infractions that range from, not having my character's Security Records filled out when playing a Head of Staff, and using a "emag" on a player borg during a private scene.  To my knowledge, I have not been banned from any server for my behavior. 

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?

I have not been staff on another server.

What do you want to gain from being staff?

A community that puts the server message as its first and foremost goal, along with features and gameplay that encourage this.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?

With whispers and rumors of Space Station 14 being on the proverbial brink of being feature-full, I hope to impart some of my technical expertise in porting over the features we currently have on our SS13 codebase, to the more modern platform.  For the more immediate future, I hope to come up with more small features to get characters talking more often without being intrusive to others that are already content.

What do you want to offer to the community?

Good memories and gameplay features that encourage the creation of such.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.

21:00 PDT - 2:00 PDT(GMT-7).  While I am sporadically active throughout the day, these are my main free times.

Developer

What expertise can you offer to the staff team (e.g. mapping, coding, etc.)?

I am primarily a small-time coder who primarily works on porting features from other servers.

Can you show any examples of your work (github PR’s count)?

Github currently lists 14 contributions during my time.  I have 2 PRs this year on this codebase, and 1 on Citadel Station 13 RP.  I have also contributed a handful of PRs to upstream as well.  I think two of my more notable contributions on this codebase, for better or for worse are:
https://github.com/CHOMPStation2/CHOMPSt.../pull/1135
https://github.com/CHOMPStation2/CHOMPSt.../pull/3641
I can only apologize for how long you had to wait, but after taking my time reviewing this now.
You are one of our veteran players, I know we have hinted to have you join the staff team years ago but now I am more than glad to have you in our ranks.
With the amount of experience you have in ss13, being an active and being generally respectful with the community and it's player base.
I am more than confident that you have good intentions for this community, I will do what I can to assist you and the staff team.
A a reminder that this is a volunteering position so you are at no obligation to stay but we welcome anyone with good intentions.
I approve