Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tselkie Moderator Application
((I applied awhile ago, though i was pretty raw and think alot of other applications were around at the time, so figured I'd try again! don't know where my old post went, so here's a new one))

BYOND Name:
Chelkie

Discord Name:
Tselkie#1111

What role you are applying for:

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:
I like helping people. Whether I'm trying to help walk people through in game mechanics, trying to help people maintain immersion by coming up with IC reasoning for things, running around to save people, or just taking a back seat to allow people to enjoy themselves and scenes to play out or stepping in as a mediator, or just being one to listen when someones having a bad day, It's just something I like doing, and I feel it'd be a great way for me to give back to the community that's been so welcoming to me in turn.

How long have you played on the server for?:
between one and ahalf to two years now?

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
No, I've never been admonished for anything i've done on server, IC, OOC or otherwise.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
No.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
Never been staff before on another server, I've played Virgo a couple of times, but Chomp has been my first foray into SS13, and one i'm quite happy with!

What do you want to gain from being staff?
To be able to help people! i'm often on at odd hours, and frequently during the day (10am-5pm GMT, usually going on later depending on the day), often when no other admins or such are online. If i can help resolve disputes, smooth over server or OOC schenanigans by fixing issues, and helping people enjoy their time on server (and even when other mods / admins are online.. taking a little of their burden so they can enjoy themselves a little more too), then i'm all for it.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
Having to take a little more care with what i get up to when other mods aren't about, so that I can provide quick response where and as needed, but otherwise doing what i currently try to do now~ assist people with issues where i see them (and have the ability to help), contribute to peoples events and scenes where i can, and otherwise just ensuring everyone (myself included) is having a good time on the server.

What do you want to offer to the community?
I'd like to offer someone who will always try to be fair, as anyone who asks me will know, whilst I will always empathise with people, i've no issue with stating facts and providing objective arguments, even to friends where i think it's warranted.

I'd like to offer someone who knows when to employ tact, salving things before they spill out into OOC drama.

I'd like to offer someone who's around alot of the time when other admins aren't, to help with mundane things like spawning cookies in response to prayers to troubleshooting mechanical issues, or helping to put people back on track when the server goes pear shaped (or tesh shaped, or dogborg shaped).

And most importantly, I'd like to offer someone who's in it for the satisfaction of helping people, it makes my day when i can do things and help people out, whether in game IC, OOC, i've started assisting with the wiki, and generally just try to help wherever i can.

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.

most active during the day between say 12am- 9pm GMT, but I'm often on 9am-12am (that grey period in between the end of the busy night shift and the start of the quieter day shifts). I'm often on at random times, too~ though my sleep schedule is far better than it was months ago (I'm usually asleep by 2-3am GMT now!))

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation?
In SS13 servers? I have not.

Whilst not directly relevant I have been a onboarding instructor for a online gaming community (Taw.net) for a period of 6-9 months total, including the drilling of new recruits, assisting with them settling in, and towards the end of my taw career teaching and training new drill instructors to do the same as the head instructor for my unit, though this was a period of a couple of years ago, so getting ahold of people who could vouch for me would be difficult (but not impossible).

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?
A set of scales. As moderators we're here to help things run smoothly, where the balance is upended, we help put things back the way they were. Where the two scales are at odds, we try to find the balance. People should be able to look to us and not see or feel bias, and know that we will always do what we believe is fair and right in given situations, including escalating things further up where warranted.
Approved