Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargae Whitelist Application - Jobs
BYOND Username: Chargae

Discord ID: Chargae#0023

About how long have you been playing on the server?: About a week

About how long have you been playing SS13 in general? And which servers have you played on?:
Since approximately 2015, maybe earlier.
Servers:
Virgo/Vorestation (Extensively)
Citadel (Former admin)
Paradise Station
CitRP (Briefly)
Brief forays into Hippie and Colonial Marines

Head of Staff Department:

1. If you are playing captain, what are some of the key departments you should know? Command, Security, some basic medical (First Aid level). May vary based on the career path of the character you're playing, naturally.

2. You sign on as a low ranking head of staff (I.E. CMO, RD, CE, HOS), and find yourself the only head of staff on at that moment. Please tell us what you would do next. - Unless an issue is raised that requires an acting captain, I would continue within the bounds of my chosen role.

3. What should you take as Acting Captain? What shouldn't you take? -  Depends on the situation at hand. Personally, I would consider the spare ID and headset the only required items for the role, unless it's some form of combat emergency, which may be a time to send for a proper Captain regardless.

4. What are you allowed to carry? What should you carry? - You're allowed to carry items which are issued to you (In lockers or on your person) in accordance with SOP. But you should adjust what you carry according to the scenario - Blue alert and up, you may consider carrying armor etc if issued it (HoS aside)
Questions for Security Roles:

1. When do you use your taser? - When a suspect is noncompliant and presenting a risk to yourself or other crew.

2. When is the proper time to have your armor and helmet equipped? - Armor can always be equipped, though it's optional on Code Green. Helmets can be worn during dangerous situations, or on Code Blue and up.

3. How do you start an encounter with someone charged with a minor crime? A moderate one? A serious crime?
    Minor: Request them to come to Security to discuss the crime they have committed. Apply appropriate 
    Moderate: Request them to come to Security. If noncompliant, set to arrest and start looking for them.
    Major: Request them to come to Security. If noncompliant, set to arrest and start looking for them. Consider using tazer etc as a first option, depending on the crime.

4. You're a security officer who is tasked to arrest someone for something minor, lets say breaking and entering into Science. How should you proceed to arrest them? Once arrested what do you do?
    Attempt to get them to come to Security over comms, or arrange to meet them. Explain to them the issue, and request them to choose between paying the fine or serving the sentance in the brig.
Questions for silicon roles:

1. You sign on as a borg/AI. The default law is leading to cause damage to the players and you're unaware why. Can you request a law change?
    Potentially. Consider contacting the AI (if available as a borg) or Ahelping for some context regarding the lawset.

2. Someone manages to get into your upload and uploads a law that could break server rules. What should you do next?
    Ahelp and request admin assistance. Hold off on following the law until admins deal with it and give a verdict.
I like most of your answers but there are some minor details I will like for you to consider.
Besides these... I will give you the green and add you to the job blanket whitelist. If you have any questions or concerns I will be your point of reference.

-If you are playing captain, what are some of the key departments you should know?
You can specialize on one or two department of preference but as a CD you need to know every department SOP. As this is how you will direct and manage the other heads and crew.
"https://wiki.chompstation13.net/index.ph..._Procedure"

-When do you use your taser?
Sounds simple but there is a little more in to it "https://wiki.chompstation13.net/index.ph...Engagement"

-How do you start an encounter with someone charged with a minor crime? A moderate one? A serious crime?
"https://wiki.chompstation13.net/index.ph...Engagement"
Over minor crimes and some moderate crimes you can simply ask them to pay a fine and the problem is solved on spot.