Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R3dtaile moderator application
BYOND Name: R3dtaile

Discord Name: ~Redtail~#9463

What role you are applying for: Moderator I suppose

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:  Well, in my mind it beats complaining all the time, coupled with hearing folks complain about staff not being on.    Being able to tangibly make a difference, however slight, beats thumping my chest  and playing the game of “who can yell the loud enough” in Discord chats

How long have you played on the server for?:  I popped in for the first time back in January of 21, I played… near about every day until about July?  I think? 

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?  No

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?  I was noted on Citadel main twice.
1:  For powergaming nightmare organs, which was something that nearly everyone at the time used. 
2:  For poor escalation due to miscommunication among security team as HOS.  My warden at the time had claimed that someone had adrenals.  That shift, if I recall correctly, was one of those hectic ones that lent itself towards shoot first ask later.  Never got a chance to ask later due to the person we were after having a suit of armor that activated and repelled everything around them when hit.  It was only after the dust had settled and the offender in question was beaten to death that they weren’t on adrenals at all. 

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
Yes, multiple servers.  Citadel for…over a year and a half of adminning near about all day every day straight.  Hyperstation for a few months of adminning at the same work schedule.  Skyrat for 6? Months or so of admiinning at near about that same work schedule

What do you want to gain from being staff?  The ability to say that I did something to contribute to the place past call people about for poor communication.  The ability to help people with issues they have that a simple LOOC can’t particularly solve. 

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?  That depends on how this application goes, no?  I’m not sure, I know I’m awfully opinionated when it comes to discussions, but barring one exception I’ve maintained a steady head with minimal attacks on other people. 

What do you want to offer to the community?  Someone who has several hundred hours of experience adminning.  Someone who has the ability to maintain a cool composure through most issues, and the ability to methodically sort through logs to hunt down and fact check claims in ahelps.  Someone who will take the time necessary to do the job appropriately so that, good or bad no one can look back on how it was handled and say, “that redtail fella sure half-assed it”.  I may not be as familiar with the tools this code base provides, but I certainly am a fast learner, and most of it carries over anyhow.  I want to offer consistency… as much as such a thing can be claimed considering the varied nature of most altercations between players may be. 

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.  8-11 AM CST most days.  Weekends are ~8AM -12AM , mood depending.  I pop into the discord sporadically throughout the times I’m not active, and I’m fairly attentive to pings. 

Developer

What expertise can you offer to the staff team (e.g. mapping, coding, etc.)?

Can you show any examples of your work (github PR’s count)?

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation? 
Citadel:  The headmins there, r0-adic, and silicons in particular. 
Skyrat:  God I don’t even know the staff there anymore I guess you could ask Xyel, but I’m not sure there’d be much of a recommendation there. 
Hyperstation:  Dahlular

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?  As someone who is able to provide  reasonably consistent rulings, maintain a steady attitude, and someone who is able to do due diligence to make sure any tickets are handled to a high standard.  As someone who is not afraid to offer professional criticisms without going after the person being critiqued.  I wish to offer myself as someone who enforces the rules fairly  with plenty of regard given to the context of whatever incident is happening.  I will stumble here and there , but I’d like to say I’ve always been doing what I can in service to the playerbase, regardless of my personal feelings.  I love space station 13, I will definitely bump heads with people, but I’d like to think it’s in a constructive manner in good faith . 

Event Manager

If you have been a game host in the past, how good have you been at improvising? This doesn’t need to be ss13 and could involve examples such as being a Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master.

This is the most stressful position in the staff team; how well do you handle negative community feedback?
We did some preliminary review and discussion, but we're in the middle of some development projects so we'll come back to this with some focus hopefully soon.
We have decided to deny this app. I will DM you the reasonings and hopefully you will apply again in the future.