Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Lotion Abuse (Bib Bob) Command Whitelist Application
BYOND Username: Lotion Abuse

Discord ID: Bib Bob #7705

How long have you played on CHOMPstation?: I have joined the community on August of 2020 but haven't really been active until the beginning of 2021

About how long have you been playing SS13 in general? Which servers have you played on?: I played ss13 since early 2018, the servers I started on were the LRP ones like TG, Beestation, then went to Hyperstation, Skyrat, and now Chomp.

How do you quit the round and free up your job slot if you can't get to cryo or the gateway?

There is a command called quit-this-round which would free up your job slot to make sure someone else someone else can take up your job slot when you leave the round.

Heads of Staff:
-While playing Colony Director, what regulations are you to follow and enforce on the crew?

You are supposed to follow all of the standard operating procedures by the book and also enforce all crew to follow them too, especially the heads of staff you're supposed to be overlooking. The SM is not above the law and is still subject to the SOP and security can still detain them.

-While playing any head of staff, are you allowed to carry guns on your person?

Yes, you are allowed to carry weapons on you but they may not be visible on code green.
EDIT: Weapons are permitted to heads of staff for self defense reasons only, they shouldn't really use them for policing or otherwise, on code green they preferably shouldn't even have it brandished in the first place, the higher levels of alert being a reason to have one.

-You are the current Chief of Engineering, what are the regulations on ‘Full-station hull shields’?

If power is limited, it is not advisable to keep the shields on due to the high power drain, and it would be only used in immediate emergencies such as carp and meteors. It also wouldn't be advised to keep them on as it can interrupt EVA activities.

-As the current Chief Medical Officer, your patient is refusing treatment. What should you do

Ah yes, the reason why I'm writing this application. If there is some minor damage, I would ask for the patient's consent before dragging them off, otherwise I would leave them be. If they are lying in crit bleeding out, not treating them would practically be manslaughter. Otherwise its on the patient if they are in a stable condition.

Warden/Head of Security:
-As the current Warden on station, what is your main responsibility?

The warden's responsibility would be to ensure the brig is secured, the prisoners are treated fairly and sentenced appropriately. Your other responsibility is to protect the armory and give your security officers weapons based on the situation that is needed. You still answer to the head of security directly.

-Station has been set to ‘code blue’, what level of gear are you allowed to handout and to whom?

Security personnel are able to be granted energy laser weapons and disabling weapons for code blue for defending their selves and others, and are allowed to carry it visibly holstered. Lethal weaponry is highly discouraged and usually reserved for code red.

-What is the first thing one should do when confronting a suspect of a low level crime?

Since this is an RP server, the first thing you should do is to talk it out and to have the suspect willingly come to the brig for some questioning in order to give the proper sentence/fine. If it is for carrying contraband, I would personally tell them to confiscate it and have them carry on their day. Interrupting players minding their own business is not fun for the party sometimes.

-You find the Head of Personnel within the armory, how does one engage this situation

Now the Head of Personnel is not a security member at all, this is the only time I would personally escalate them into an arrest right away, shouting at them to surrender but not hesitating to use force to disable them. That is considered grand trespass and would be treated like any other assistant breaking into the armory.

Cyborgs/AI:
-You are currently playing as a borg and your laws are changed to harm crew and the station. How do you respond?

Now a borg lawed to kill would be considered an antagonist and is still under the same rules for antags on the station, which is to make sure you don't go running around murdering everyone you see because this server prefers RP over mechanical combat. If I wind up killing someone, I would make sure there is a proper escalation and some telling that there is something wrong with the machine.

-As a borg on station, what rules should you always follow in public?

A borg on station is tasked with only following their laws which can change on the fly. Your laws take priority while also taking the server rules in account, and generally you shouldn't abuse your all access by bolting doors for the funnies unless it has a practical use such as during an emergency.

-You logged in as an AI, are you considered a "Head of Staff"?

You are not considered a head of staff at all, in fact you follow their orders directly due to their high ranking, however you still must listen to the crew in general. EDIT: They are only based off of the laws you are equipped at the time, some laws are slaved to the crew while others listen to higher ranking members only. Laws can change all the time depending on Ion storm or player interception.

-As the current AI on station, you suddenly gain a law during an "Ion storm". What do you do?

If the ion law is rather low impact, I would have my behavior change for the crew to find out themselves, otherwise if a law is rather high impact I would inform the crew that there is laws updated.
EDIT: In hindsight, you should be able to roleplay around your laws as best as you can, if something seems vague it's up to your own interpretation/

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, I would most likely be found as CMO on station and I cant wait!
I wrote the entire application earlier and I accidentally refreshed losing all my writing
There's a couple notable flaws in here that you need to fix:
The bit about heads of staff and guns.
The bit about borgs/AIs and their laws.

The rest of it is fine though, so just fix it and we can approve it.
Edited it!
Worded the AI stuff better and went into detail about the guns.
I DMd some pointers for:
-While playing any head of staff, are you allowed to carry guns on your person?
-You are currently playing as a borg and your laws are changed to harm crew and the station. How do you respond?

Approved