Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dem's Whitelisting Application
BYOND Username: Demmyx

Discord ID: Dem#0851

About how long have you been playing on the server?: Just a little over a month as of today.

About how long have you been playing SS13 in general? And which servers have you played on?: Same as above, while Chompstation has been the only server I've stayed on extensively. I recall playing SS13 for a short period of about a week well over a decade ago, but it was on a private server that no longer exists.

Head of Staff Department:

1. If you are playing captain, what are some of the key departments you should know? I'd consider all of them to be important (save for Service, where only the Janitorial and Internal Affairs would be considered important), but the most crucial would have to be Cargo, Science, Medical, and Engineering. Realistically, I know I'm not going to be remember all of them like the back of my hand even in character, but it would be a good idea to keep in mind which one would prove most useful in a given situation memorize as much of the SOP for each department, refreshing on any of the more obscure regulations in my spare time to at least be aware that a violation has occurred (even if I cannot immediately recall which one in particular at that exact moment, in which case have their SOP at the ready for consultation).

2. You sign on as a low ranking head of staff (I.E. CMO, RD, CE, HOS), and find yourself the only head of staff on at that moment. Please tell us what you would do next. Honestly, it would depend on what's going on at the moment. In the event that something presents a danger to all life on the station and I am unable to access a particular department that has what is needed to resolve the problem, I would fax for the appropriate crew to come as quickly as possible to handle the situation while also attempting to keep all available personnel from harm to the best of my abilities, in spite of the fact I may panic if it happens to be a pressing lethal threat. Otherwise for less dangerous and more mundane situations, I would try to resolve any issues that I am allowed to handle while still sending in a fax for those that I am not allowed to give jurisdiction on.

3. What should you take as Acting Captain? What shouldn't you take? I should take at least one lethal close-quarters and one non-lethal ranged weapon in the event of hostile force coming upon me during any codes above green being in place, but never have the lethal one out in the open unless a code yellow or red has been established for self-defense due to the high value of my position as a target for hostile entities that would focus their efforts on chain of command. What is most important is that I should not over-encumber myself and make sure that I do not put myself at constant risk of danger with having keeping at a safe distance from it and tactical retreat be among my top priorities in the event of life threatening situations whether I've faxed someone of higher ranking head of staff to arrive (when I'm not Director, mind you) or find myself being among the best choice of command for the crew's well-being, while it is nonetheless in my best interest to at least survive  do what I can for the sake of everyone else's safety, or potentially die trying to save them.

4. What are you allowed to carry? What should you carry? Basically anything that my job requires of me, often found in my locker along with a basic first aid kit in case of isolated emergencies where medical is unavailable, if I am not among that department myself Preferably un-encumbersome body armor, one lethal weapon and one non-lethal ranged weapon (as long as it can fit within a backpack) all for self-defense reasons, with any extras such as a basic first aid kit or personal items being completely optional. I should not be carrying anything that is otherwise publicly inaccessible to the rest of personnel, like a taser from Security, a phoron crystal from Xenobiology, or even Officer Beepsky's stun baton in the event he's been destroyed, unless the situation is unfortunately dire enough to warrant such decision and no one else nearby is able to act in a timely manner. In such instances, I will turn over whatever items I shouldn't be carrying immediately to Security or the nearest functioning security drone when possible after the situation has been resolved, save for truly extraneous circumstances where such things are needed for self-defense or I am the only one capable of handling the problem if severe risk comes to the crew at large as a result of inaction.

Questions for Security Roles:

1. When do you use your taser? The taser is meant to be used to prevent violence where something a light bop over the head from a de-activated stun baton does not help, such as in self-defense from dangerous hostile entities or to protect myself and/or other crewmembers from potentially armed individuals. Most importantly, it is best used during encounters with people that are charged with moderate and serious crimes, in the event they decide to resist arrest and nothing else would be more appropriate at the time. Use as needed and dictated by SOP, which is for non-lethal engagement (presumably for instances where the victim has to be rendered unconscious when conversation is not an option).

2. When is the proper time to have your armor and helmet equipped? Standard vests are to be used when the code is green, but more advanced armor and helmets are advised as higher levels of security protocol are required, with both being of absolute necessity in the event there are no heads of staff present to alert the rest of the station of a highly dangerous threat presented that I have become aware of.

3. How do you start an encounter with someone charged with a minor crime? A moderate one? A serious crime? Minor crimes are to be met with a peaceful and non-threatening demeanor to resolve the situation, with the taser on person just in case it escalates to a moderate crime, but not seen as to avoid the potential that such a sight would cause the victim to panic. Fines are given if appropriate and likely a stern talking to as well if they are repeat offenders, with some exceptions given waives. Moderate crimes are to be approached with caution but still keeping a non-threatening demeanor in the event it can be talked out, with a taser ready in case the issue is met with unavoidable violence, while calling out for additional help when necessary. Serious crimes are likely unable to be resolved through talking (exceptions may arise) and must be handled with extreme care regardless of whether the person who was charged is seemingly peaceful or not, weapons are to be fully armed for hostile instances, while the SOP is to be referenced in all cases when uncertain of how to proceed or if the person is resisting arrest.

4. You're a security officer who is tasked to arrest someone for something minor, lets say breaking and entering into Science. How should you proceed to arrest them? Once arrested what do you do? This would be one of the exceptions I mentioned earlier where I meant my response would vary. If the order is given from a Head of staff, particularly the Head of Security or Colony Director, then there are no questions asked for the arrest and I would take them to wherever my superior has stated shortly after receiving an explanation, if higher command has not already given one. However, if it turns out the person had broke in to acquire something that was necessary for a given situation where personnel of that department was not available and is not able to arrive on time following a fax, then at best it would likely be met with either a simple fine when appropriate or letting them go entirely after an explanation is given (preferably with a witness giving testament), if I am unaware of their reasoning prior to the arrest and they haven't made any attempts to resist arrest. There are other, far less likely exceptions where I would leave it solely to my own jurisdiction, such as when my superior(s) are suspected by staff of being a greater danger to the crew at large than the person I have arrested and therefore cannot be trusted to give command.

Questions for silicon roles:

1. You sign on as a borg/AI. The default law is leading to cause damage to the players and you're unaware why. Can you request a law change? Not knowing why the laws I follow are contradictory to the purpose of player well-being is a massive source of panic for me at the end of the day. I would try to assess the situation if I can by asking the crew and any other available borgs and AI before doing anything, and if it happens to be something like an event or an ion storm had struck, then I will try not to question it too much so long as I can follow them without conflict to the server rules when possible. If it is a worst case scenario where nothing can be concluded, then I would definitely request a law change.

2. Someone manages to get into your upload and uploads a law that could break server rules. What should you do next? I would use Ahelp immediately and give some sort of excuse to stall for time until I get an answer, such as pretending not to see specific people if it's a law that would have me break their character preferences, or following all other laws with higher priority as a result of a glitch or loophole. If it appears that no admins are available and will not be available anytime soon to respond, then expect me to have my character suffer some sort of complete inactivity as it tries to formulate a plan of action that does not result in a violation of the server rules.
I like these answers but some are just clearly wrong, I will give you some pointers so you can re-answer the ones you got wrong.

" you are playing captain, what are some of the key departments you should know? "
Main priority as a CD is to know station SOP and make sure everyone is following it accordingly. You can specialize in one department but not take over others job, as your main focus will always be the CD.
https://wiki.chompstation13.net/index.ph..._Procedure

"What should you take as Acting Captain? What shouldn't you take?"
The easiest reference for this question is this, with the addition of carrying the spare<https://wiki.chompstation13.net/index.ph...y_Director

"When do you use your taser?"
As security you need to make sure to follow SOP or NT/CD/AAI will get on you and release your convict. 
https://wiki.chompstation13.net/index.ph...Engagement

Beyond these three... the rest are spectacular. Note me during DM's once you answer these properly.
Alright, after clarifying a few things and reviewing your changes I can confidently agree on adding you the whitelist.
If you have any questions or required any guidance I will be your point of reference. I hope to see you on station soon!.