Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
djvoid225's Vox Whitelist Application
BYOND Username: djvoid225

Discord ID: DustZMann#1986

Race whitelisting for: Vox

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?: Vox breath phoron from a tank they have constantly on their person, stopping them from breathing in oxygen, which is harmful to them. The current wiki vox lore states vox can't do certain jobs, which I personally find silly, but will not affect what I plan to do with my character. Vox are spaceproof on this codebase, and resistant to many forms of stunning, which I understand can be easily abused. They're also not resleevable through traditional on station means, though luckily I already have experience on much lower RP servers on how to not abuse these mechanics to ruin other player's rounds.

What do you know of their lore?: As of right now vox lore on chomp is very interesting, but clearly outdated. I know para vox lore like the back of my hand, and intend to use that mixed with what I know of chomp vox lore as a base as to keep a consistent narrative, but also not deal with the shenaniganry that is chomp vox lore. I know vox are a sort of fallen civilization, made up of bioengineered beaked and scaled phoron breathing creatures. They have arkships of different kinds, and are directed by the shoal. Primalis make up the most common sort of vox, and are what are present on NT Installations. Armalis are the next 'tier' of vox, being the more leading type, but are still at the will of the 'tier' above them, the auralis. The auralis are 'technically' the highest tier of vox in most lore, and direct all movements the vox race makes as a whole. Vox work with bioengineered tech, are fairly advanced and independent of NT, and are certainly not trusted as whole, but are not hated at the same time.

What idea did you have for your character?: I'm an ex-paradise player, and already have an atmos vox called Tahikiti. Tahi has worked for several years with NT doing atmospherics work, alongside previous interactions and experience with difference races on station. The reason he'd be on the southern cross is simply looking for calmer work away from where he used to, the southern cross simply being a randomly chosen dot on the map to him.
Approved.