Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Manager Application - Dinn (Iron 15)
BYOND Name: Iron 15

Discord Name: Dinn #7495

What role you are applying for: Event Manager

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?: I want to be able to host events on days other than Fridays and Saturdays when I'm working. I do love to play on the server but my schedule has a big conflict with the usual hosting time.

How long have you played on the server for?: Roughly since it started I believe or close to it. The oldest posts I've had on the SS13 Discord channels go back to early 2018

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why? No I don't remember being reprimanded on this server.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why? Yes I have a long time ago. Remembering it, it was not giving antags a chance when they sat around and just made spooky noises and shot at them much to the admin's dismay... (then I targeted the antags instead of shooting immediately, killed with reaction fire and then they got in trouble for moving so that was weird) and then there was the one time I meta'd and tried to solve my own death but I've learned from both of them, especially the second one.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long? I believe I've been Admin on another server for just a day, though it was a temporary server to test some features.
Hello, unfortunately we are not taking Event Manager applications at this time as my hands are currently full with training one EM and one potential EM. That said, there are several improvements I'll need to see from you to consider you for a future EM position.

From my observations, your activity in the server has been very sporadic while a Discord search shows me you're not very active in the Discord either. Being an EM requires a lot of time and community involvement so I will need to see you play the game much more often than you currently do and keep up that activity for at least several months. EM takes a lot of dedication and I need to see you show that dedication before I will consider you for the role.

There are two other suggestions I can offer you if you're serious about working toward the role. The first is to volunteer for events to get more experience with the player side of running events, though not being able to make the Friday times may make this difficult. The second is to work with an EM to try and host an event as a player as this will give you a taste of what it'll be like to plan out and host events. Kassc would likely be the best one to work with as he's very experienced with event hosting and has a flexible schedule.

Lastly, I want to tell you a bit about the role itself. To be blunt, EM is a very stressful position and is one of the hardest staff roles we have available. Hosting events requires a lot of planning and a lot of micromanaging in-game, often while under pressure to act and respond quickly. You will almost certainly make a lot of mistakes in the beginning and there's a good chance players/other staff will give you grief over them. This is something I want you to be aware of in advance because the majority of staff (EM's or other) who've hosted events previously quickly gave up and quit over the amount of stress and micromanaging they had to deal with to host events.

If you're still serious about pursuing this role and have any concerns or questions, feel free to message Kassc and/or myself over Discord.