Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bib Bob species whitelist: Vox
BYOND Username: Lotion Abuse

Discord ID: @Bib Bob #7705

Race or Language whitelisting for: Race (and I assume vox language comes with)

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?: So looking at the other players that played vox combined with what I have read in the lore page, they seem to be completely space proof due to their scaled like skin sealing from space and giving cooling, they find oxygen toxic and phoron as their breathable gas, and they have a rather nasty melee attack. Oh and they of course cannot get resleeved ingame.

What do you know of their lore?: Vox are a type of unusual species at the far sectors of space, being a rather reclusive race due to their relationship between NT and other species (more on this later), their ships being riddled with fungal growth, used to actually help create said vox in some sort of organic test tube from a tree like growth which also means the vox are not able to reproduce the same way as most creatures. They have a rather exotic biology with their scaled skin, able to open and close at will for cooling and the ability to be in the complete vacuum of space, their digestive system being unique too as their esophagus is short and their stomach is roomy, usually feasting on the fungus grown and meat, though they can eat anything without complaint, even inorganic stuff. Their motivations with interacting with others is with trading, never willing to part with anything they see valuable without something greater in return, mostly seeing non vox with extreme suspicion and even hostility depending on the race, humans and unathi being the worst of all. They are unable to work advanced jobs that need years of practice like medical, heads of staff and science, security having 3 crew to approve of their position as a security officer but never a warden or Head of security. Despite the ingame restriction of resleeving, they are resleeved offsite, keeping their memory with a neurolace implant called stacks, and losing out of their paycheck from NT with such complex resleeving. Nanotrasen found it cheaper to keep the vox neutral rather than to treat it with violence and hostility, so vox usually work cargo tech or mere assistants. They can speak common but they choose to speak with as little words as possible due to it being painful to speak common, they do not say long words and want to say with as little words as possible. Ex "oxygen is toxic to me" is "dust bad" for vox. They are rather smart despite their vocabulary. Basically, bird skaven that are a bit smarter.

What idea did you have for your character?:

I've always wanted to expand my scope of roleplay, working with creatures with a full on lore and extended backstory along with a exotic biology. My vox will be a cargo tech with a interest in trading, they will make shops and a means to trade with the crew with the intent to have items of value, after all, vox don't see Thallers as valuable as other creatures do. This will also be my more HRP oriented character, having interactions despite the emotional and language barriers between the crew.

I thank you for taking my time to read this application!
Approved