Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protean Whitelist
BYOND Username: Sierrra

Discord ID: I'd rather not share but I've spoken with a staff member about it beforehand.

Race whitelisting for: Protean

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?:
They have a blob form that can't vent crawl, heal by consuming steel, and camoflage on the floor to catch unsuspecting prey. Abilities-wise, they innately have a NIF, the ability to shapeshift into a usable hardsuit as well as other things, and are immune to the vacuum of space. Weakness-wise, they've got frail limbs, severe weakness to EMPs, and in the neutral category, they've got no organs.

What do you know of their lore?:
They're currently still being worked on, for now they're just simply a swarm of nanites that can take any shape and form.

What idea did you have for your character?:
I was playing around with the idea of an experimental learning AI as opposed to the standard synthetics, generating a set of constructs in multiple fields, inspired by the program Beings by Doug Lenat. A swarm of nanomachines is the perfect setting for this sort of council-mind, and of course what better place to put it into action than a frontier station? Plenty to learn, plenty to meet, "cutting-edge" RnD.
Approved