Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protean Whitelist
BYOND Username: Iradium

Discord ID: Iradium Piros#9012

Race or Language whitelisting for: Protean

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?:
I know Proteans have use of a blob form which gives them higher speed and allows them to crawl into vents like mice. They also use a different healing system of consuming steel instead of being repaired or healed traditionally.

I'm not sure if the coding followed over to CHOMP, but I also remember storing other types of metals gave Proteans some perks, like speed boosts and brute resistance.

The 'Abilities' tab offers them a lot of similar options to Prometheans, like changing gender and hair styles.

What do you know of their lore?:
I know quite a bit about Protean lore for Virgo, but it looks like they currently don't have any established lore for CHOMP. 

What idea did you have for your character?:
I wanted to take the Protean race to use for a latex beast-styled character, who can shapeshift at will, snag people up inside like a living suit. I tried working the concept with the Promethean race but it just didn't quite mechanically feel right, and the blobform could act as a sneaky little 'trap' for anyone willing to participate in that sort of content.

I also have a synthmorph character currently, who canonically is nanite-based. The Protean race isn't required to make them work, but it would allow me some mechanic/physical freedoms I had to make things up about, such as genital shifting on the spot; a well as proving a more realistic ability to commit voracious acts while being made of stiff metal.
Approved.

btw you cannot vent crawl on Chomp - it was removed.