Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raeschen - Vox
BYOND Username: Raeschen

Discord ID: Raeschen#0001

Race or Language whitelisting for: Vox

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?: 
Mechanically? Not much. Either i missed it or the wiki lacks a 'game terms' page for the species Vox. 
I know that they breathe a different atmosphere (Phoron here? Elsewhere, Nitrogen) and are apparently particularly strong against stunning effects. I know they have a 'Stack' and that this has implications for their cloning/resleeving process.

What do you know of their lore?:
I've read the wiki page https://wiki.chompstation13.net/index.php?title=Vox several times and know the general gist of it. Mysterious species, 'grown' on their ships (as if test-tube grown but flavored differently), strange attitudes towards other species and so on. I tend to not absorb too much due to my specific character idea i want to play, though have a nutshell understanding / at least also know the webpage to refer back to when it comes up.

What idea did you have for your character?:

Nutshell: A "Breaking the mould" Vox

The character i got is one i want to port from a different server. I played them as an "NT-grown Vox", as in, perhaps NT once got themselves ahold of a vox's pod, or a vox themselves, managed to talk them over, or mess with their inherently 'programmed' skillset as the lore says they can get (Several ideas but i always went with 'NT-grown'. I used such a background to get around some of the lore limitations, as i prefer being a little bit softer spoken and nicer to others. I played a female vivid-blue tall female-identifying vox called "Raikichiya" who in general played security roles on the server she was from. I put strong effort in having her be surprisingly good (defining 'good' in security as, use of de-escalation, good judgement, using personal discretion where possible...) at the role, and in general being impressive from an NT point of view. 

For the reasons above, if this is accepted, i'd like to request an exemption from at least the non-head security roles for this character, of officer/warden/detective. 

I DID even play them as a head on their old server - it would be cool to keep this power from my perspective, but this i mind less if this is also not possible. 
Approved.