Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Flamewing - Protean
BYOND Username: Ruby Flamewing

Discord ID: Sharknet Revis#2385

Race or Language whitelisting for: Protean

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?: They are nanite slimes that can regenerate damage and limbs using stored materials from absorbing iron, but only when they turn into a goopy state to do so, and apparently here have their ventcrawling traded for a hardsuit feature of some sort. They also suffer from a case of 'you can't exactly revive them' easily, though my knowledge of them is admittedly mostly from Virgo lore.

What do you know of their lore?: They're pretty rare, heavily regulated, and carefully watched due to the danger they could pose, but are also typically looked at as potential study subjects if they allow it.

What idea did you have for your character?: I've run with Sharknet as an organic pretty much whenever I had to, turning to flavor text and markings to help show off the synthetic markings she has that more or less broadcast the fact that she's not organic, even though everything to her - from behavior to activities - one would be forgiven for thinking she was simply organic with abnormal tattoos. The reason being is that, despite being synthetic, she grew and learned from organic environments, and in a bid to understand many things, started to copy them until they became natural habit, so she eats, sleeps, and complains about time lost due to sleep like anybody might. She also tends to consider actually taking advantage of her natural abilities to be less 'solid' and be more of a large blob cheating when it comes to getting through spaces like doors or narrow hallways, as to her, part of the appeal of being large and round is the challenges it presents - but in an emergency, she's not afraid to drop it and aim for more optimal efforts in the name of saving a life.
Approved.