Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protean Application - Madyson
BYOND Username: draycu

Discord ID: Draycu #0923

Race or Language whitelisting for:  Protean

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?: Protean are nano swarms able to take on appearances of other species, become suits for crew to wear to survive in space, and become blobs when put into critical condition.  They are immune to the vacuum of space, have brute resistance and weakness to fire.  I believe they can heal by consuming steel sheets too!  I have also seen some of the recent balancing tweaks to them, and I am happy they do not have the ability to vent crawl anymore!

What do you know of their lore?:  Not entirely certain save for the small blurb in selecting the species on character creation.  I don't believe I was able to find a wiki page about them, but from what I've gathered, they are highly advanced technological constructs that are incredibly rare and virtually unheard of.  

What idea did you have for your character?:  I hope to play as a synthetic body copy of a crew member who was consumed during a chaos event.  The goal was to escape from red space by swapping places with someone in real space, and I was fortunate enough to find someone willing to trade places with my artificer cult construct before the server crashed!  Rayaka's memories will have been corrupted and merged slightly with her prey, with much of the knowledge about their time in red space being largely lost to avoid any issues when role playing.  I plan to play the character as a researcher, though, who seeks to make sense of what their fragmented memories mean.  Basically I hope to have an interesting protean character that's able to shapeshift and have some fun encasing prey for some teasing vore scenes!  If there's any changes I need to make to this plan, I'm happy to adjust things if asked!
Approved.