Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RedFoxChatterBox - Whitelist Application
BYOND Username: RedFoxChatterBox

Discord ID: Dr. Chatter Fox#6358

How long have you played on CHOMPstation?:  A couple of months now

About how long have you been playing SS13 in general? Which servers have you played on?:  Too long.  7+ years now but a lot of intermittency in between.  About 3 years continuously.  Started on Goon and Paradise back in the day and quickly went to the original Baystation.  Joined staff with them and left after a little bit.

How do you quit the round and free up your job slot if you can't get to cryo or the gateway?:  I'm going to assume this means my character is physically incapable of doing such so I would Ahelp the reason for such and follow directions. If none are available, ghost > quit the round.

Heads of Staff:
-While playing Colony Director, what regulations are you to follow and enforce on the crew?

SOP and Corporate Regulations

-While playing any head of staff, are you allowed to carry guns on your person?

Colony Director - Yes.  1 non explosive lethal weapon and their standard issue energy pistol
Head of Personnel - Yes.  Energy pistol and their obvious stun baton and flash
Head of Security - Yes.  May carry multiples but is expected to at least carry a tazer or other form of ranged non-lethal as well
Research Director - No, but may have weapons while in science used for scientific purposes and shouldn't carry them out of science without prior permission
Other Heads - Not normally.  Extenuating circumstances may change this but should consult the Colony Director or HoS first and obtain them through the proper channels.  I couldn't find much about this in the rules, I have seen all heads be issued energy weapons before on other servers.  Pretty sure that isn't the case here!

-You are the current Chief of Engineering, what are the regulations on ‘Full-station hull shields’?

If the situation requires it and they are not blocking essential facilities, full shields may be activated and done such early enough so that they may offer protection early instead of too late.  Power must also be taken into consideration before activation assuring it will not detract from power usage.  That said, I've seen a lot of people just enable these pretty much every round and as long as it doesn't block anything I don't see the harm in it with valid reason.  Sometimes you might not get them plugged in fast enough before the meteors arrive!

-As the current Chief Medical Officer, your patient is refusing treatment. What should you do

Patients must have the mental capacity to refuse treatment.  If someone is of sound decision and can understand and process information and is not a risk to themselves (ie. suicidal) then their right to refuse treatment must be respected.

Warden/Head of Security:
-As the current Warden on station, what is your main responsibility?

Prisoner intake and sentencing, prisoner monitoring and armory.  You do not give out weapons unless the appropriate heads or situation calls for it.

-Station has been set to ‘code blue’, what level of gear are you allowed to handout and to whom?

Code blue is a potential internal threat:
  • Security may have weapons visible, but not drawn unless needed.
  • Energy guns, laser guns and riot gear are allowed to be given out to security personnel with clearance from the Warden or HoS.
  • Body Armour and helmets are recommended but not mandatory.
  • Random body and workplace searches are allowed without warrant.
As SOP states, you may hand out energy guns, laser guns and riot gear but SHOULD clear this with the HoS first.

-What is the first thing one should do when confronting a suspect of a low level crime?

Talk them down first.  Attempt to reason and explain the situation and that they may pay a fine and if they do, no further punishment is necessary.  Consider removing them from the situation to give them some privacy as a lot of people will pout in front of others.  If they refuse to pay the fine, advise them they will be arrested and given a brig sentence, and if they again refuse, arrest and hand over to the warden for intake.

-You find the Head of Personnel within the armory, how does one engage this situation?

As they are the HoP, they are to be ordered to leave the armory and immediately arrested.  If they provide a reason for breaching protocol and not notifying the Warden or HoS first then I would pass this up the chain if someone was on and release them.  

Cyborgs/AI:
-You are currently playing as a borg and your laws are changed to harm crew and the station. How do you respond?

There are several ways to go about this.  If there are no laws that give some kind of loophole to this then you have to oblige but it's best not to be a jerk about it.  Try not to LRP attack and kill people for no reason and instead try to create roleplay.  Perhaps beat up parts of the station first and when people try to stop you intelligently go about fending them off.  Could run around and as long as people have no preference against it, eat and digest the crew etc.  The big thing is to just try and make RP for it if you can!

-As a borg on station, what rules should you always follow in public?

Your laws are the big one.  The other is that you are a cyborg...  Meaning you should act somewhat robotic and that you are there to work with the crew and are not above them.  In fact, cyborgs can be ordered around by the crew with good reason so you should try to listen to others as long as their orders don't conflict with your laws.

-You logged in as an AI, are you considered a "Head of Staff"?

No.  The AI follows the lawsets just like the cyborgs do.  The only ones the AI can order around are cyborgs that are bound to them.

-As the current AI on station, you suddenly gain a law during an "Ion storm". What do you do?

I like to play these up in a funny way.  If the rest of your laws are not affected then one would logically report it to the heads of staff unless the law directly states it's not to be told.  Otherwise if you decide to not report it, don't be a jerk with it and have some fun with it instead.  Me personally, I tend to report it to get fixed.
One suggestion for the first AI question is to also just ahelp.
Approved.