Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madyson's EM application

BYOND Name: draycu

Discord Name: Draycu #0923

What role you are applying for: Event Manager

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:  To provide new events and fun for the community to enjoy!  Also to help out with running events rather than just joining to play only.  I'd like to give back, for a change!

How long have you played on the server for?:  I've been on Chompstation for a long time, since before the first staff change!  I don't hop on often, but when I do I try to make it a good time for at least someone!

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why? 

I was taken control of by a previous staff member mid-roleplay with another player once, for their extreme dislike of a certain character I played as on another server.  As far as I am aware, this individual is no longer active staff with Chompstation!

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why? 

I got a note for mistakenly deleting the captain of a ship I was piloting on FTL13, back when it was possible to make a bluespace jump that deleted the map of the planet the ship was around and the players still on it.  That's about the only thing that comes to mind, and was when I was still pretty new to playing ss13.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long? 

Admin and event manager for FTL13 over a year.  Event manager on AEIOU station, a server with similar roleplay expectations as Chompstation, for a year.  It has since changed its name after I left when the host for the server stepped down. 

What do you want to gain from being staff? 

The ability to stick around on the Chomps13-Volunteering server without needing to leave every time an event is over for one!  Also to help out and answer spice requests to give players something fun to enjoy!

How do you see yourself in the future of the server? 

Hopefully someone who helps bring in excitement and something enjoyable for players to enjoy once a month!  Can't promise I can deliver super interesting event ideas and run them consistently every month, I'm not a machine after all!  But I'll do my best to make meaningful fun events!

What do you want to offer to the community? 

A reason to hop on to check out a neat story or help spice things up if the majority of players want something interesting to happen during a quiet shift!

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible. 

CST, typically between 12pm-12am!  I will be busy starting around late August when I work on a Diving college class, but thankfully I shouldn't be too overwhelmed by assignments, just tired from working out!

Event Manager

If you have been a game host in the past, how good have you been at improvising? This doesn’t need to be ss13 and could involve examples such as being a Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master. 

I've been a host for a game of starfinder and dnd 5e, running campaigns as a dm!  I've also had experience running events on another ss13 server before!  One I enjoyed running involved trying to reenact stuff from The Thing as close as possible that took a bit of improv and micromanagement!  I absolutely love telling an engaging story with folks in an interactive manner, which ss13 provides a wonderful opportunity for!

This is the most stressful position in the staff team; how well do you handle negative community feedback?

I'd welcome constructive criticism as something I can learn from!  I know I'm not perfect and could always stand to improve, so I am absolutely eager to hear from folks!