Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application for Protean Whitelist - Wyldekarde
BYOND Username: Wyldekarde

Discord ID: Wyldekarde#9306

Race or Language whitelisting for: Protean

--- RACE WHITELISTING ---

What do you know of their mechanics?: They are similar to a mixture of synth and promethean. They can shape shift somewhat and regrow limbs like a promie, while at the same time having synth characteristics like no pain and using energy instead of nutrients. They can shape-morph into a blob and flatten themselves out to lie across a single tile. From my limited experience with them on Virgo they could also move through air vents, but it seems that ability has been switched out in favor of being able to become a hardsuit for another person.

What do you know of their lore?: As far as I am aware there is no lore yet written for them here on Chomp. Lore wise all that I am aware of is that they are highly advanced nanite cluster entities able to change their form with relative ease and are something of a new type of lifeform in galactic circles.

What idea did you have for your character?: I would be modifying one of my existing characters, Hunter, to be a Protean. He started out as a stray borg with programming to encourage him to continually better himself. Breaking free of his dogborg form and it's constricting lawsets was his first step. Becoming a synth and able to utilize his newfound liberation allowed him a chance to travel and find work on his own terms. All along using some prototype nano tech he had acquired with his new body to "acquire" experience from others in a non standard way. As a Protean he would be taking the next step in his journey of self-discovery, always trying to make improvements to his being.
Approved.