Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protean Whitelist - Demintika
BYOND Username: Demintika
Discord ID: Demintika#5099
Species whitelisting for: Protean

• What do you know of their mechanics?
I was around when people over Virgo porting Protean to this codebase and testing it on live server over a year ago; and I've paid some attention to the development process of the species over here too. However, due to it being very rare, I've never had chance to get to know one in details on live server, so all of my knowledge over their mechanic is based on observation of the few times I interacted with them and speculation from code over here.
First of all, they can't be Scanned for cloning or resleeving, can't slip over slippery floor on barefoot, can't get hallucination or infection and can't feel pain. They are strong against brute, taking only 80% brute damage but weak against burn, taking 150% burn and electrification damage. As a synth, they don't get oxyloss. They don't be bothered by vacuum of space, and can operate normally in pressure up to 200kPa. Protean have three internal organs: posibrain, orchestrator and refactory. Their external organs are similar to most other species, but are replaced accordingly with nano parts.
Protean has a few abilities intrinsic to them, revolving around their Refactory module. They can eat some metal (Steel, Silver, Gold, Uranium and Metallichydrogen), storing them in Refactory module to be used later. The steel stored can be used to recover or "transform" their external organs, mimicking some brand of synth/prosthetic limbs. Like Promethean, they can change their size at will.
Protean can transform into blob form. In this form, they passively use steel to heal themselves. All damage they take in this form is translated over to their humanoid form.
Protean can transform into a nanosuit control cluster, a kind of hardsuit control unit that expands to clusters of nanomachines covering the wearer like a hardsuit. The suit only has immunity to biohazard and 90% resistant to radiation.
When a protean dies, they collapses and leaves only their belonging behind, so they can't be resuscitated in any way.

• What do you know of their lore?
A Protean is basically a swarm of nanite, a highly advanced one. All Protean are given Permit for Advanced Nanotechnology, allowing them to possess and operate advanced nanotechnology on NanoTrasen property. They are very expensive to produce, such that when they are killed on station, it takes a long time for a new one to be shipped over.

• What idea did you have for your character?
An Authentic NIF gaining self-awareness due to special circumstance. Because of this, they were given a more advanced kind of nanites to be their "body". Although their new body structure and programming not allowing them to freely and safely flow inside an organic anymore, they still want to work and helping others from inside (Vore as prey - Endo/Absorption). On the other hand, the remnant of NIF Medichines programming allow them to heal others, but due to inability to safely flow inside another, they have to encase the patient in themselves to heal them (Vore as pred - Heal belly).
Approved.
Two things tho.
1. Proteans have been nerfed so they can only eat steel to recover health.
2. Ventcrawling was also removed.