Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argonne - Job Whitelist Application
BYOND Username: Argonne

Discord ID: Argonne#4141

How long have you played on CHOMPstation?: Roughly 4 months now.

About how long have you been playing SS13 in general? Which servers have you played on?: I’ve been playing for about 8 months in total now, 4 months of which were spent on VoreStation, along with small 1-shift stints on Skyrat and Hyperstation out of curiosity.

How do you quit the round and free up your job slot if you can't get to cryo or the gateway?: Firstly, go off duty if possible especially if you’re in a command role. Secondly, find a courteous place to quit, like buckling yourself to a chair, and then hit the “Ghost” and “Quit the Round” command. Last step is the most important, as otherwise your job slot will not be freed. AHelp is also a handy resource if you're in a role with unique or powerful items (heads of staff mostly) that need to be returned, but you're not in a situation to be able to do so.

Heads of Staff:
-While playing Colony Director, what regulations are you to follow and enforce on the crew? SOP and corporate policy, same as usual. Do remember the specific segments detailing to certain departments however, Patient confidentiality for medical, prisoner treatment and handling for Sec, etc, etc.

-While playing any head of staff, are you allowed to carry guns on your person?: If you are Head of Security, Head of Personnel, or Site Manager, yes, and you are encouraged to do so. In standard code however, you are expected to keep them holstered or otherwise concealed. All other heads are not allowed to carry guns unless cleared and issued permits by the Site Director or acting Site Director, or they have another reason to be able to, IE: A multi-round firearm permit that is still valid. 

-You are the current Chief of Engineering, what are the regulations on ‘Full-station hull shields’?: So long as an actual external threat is confirmed/suspected, such as hostile vessels attempting to board the station, such actions are allowed. It is to be kept in mind however that full shields close off airlocks as well as other station facilities, such as toxins and xenobiology venting areas. Also, full shields are a drain on power, so keeping an eye on that is extremely important as well.

-As the current Chief Medical Officer, your patient is refusing treatment. What should you do?: Depends on the context, if the patient is acting in sound mind and is wholly informed of the procedure of treatment as well as the consequences for not receiving it, they are free to refuse. Holding them against their will or treating them anyway is a violation of their rights.

Warden/Head of Security:
-As the current Warden on station, what is your main responsibility?: Ensure the brig and armory are kept in an orderly and secured manner. It’s not your job to patrol and arrest unless you are the only security on site, but the moment things step into the Brig, it’s now your responsibility. As well, the treatment of prisoners within the Brig is your responsibility as well.

-Station has been set to ‘code blue’, what level of gear are you allowed to handout and to whom?: Energy Guns, Laser Guns, and Riot gear is allowed so long as clearance from yourself (if you are HoS), the Head of Security, or the Site Manager in the offchance they prior is not present is given. This equipment is allowed to be given to security officers, detectives as well if numbers are low enough to warrant the need for more forces present, but officers should always be preferred.

-What is the first thing one should do when confronting a suspect of a low level crime?: Talk, inform the suspect of what’s going on, what you suspect them of, and why, if its applicable. If the situation is clear, offer for them to pay a fine relevant to their crime, and if it isn’t taken, cart them to the Brig for processing. Most importantly, talk, talk, talk, and listen. Sometimes a warning will do, but treat the suspect with respect and care and you’ll get much more out of them than if you slammed them with words.

-You find the Head of Personnel within the armory, how does one engage this situation?: Assuming there’s no good reason for the HoP to be in the armory (A prior cleared request, assisting in the dispersal of arms after being cleared to do so, etc), inform them that they are trespassing without valid reason and remove them immediately as you would any crewmember. From there, process as you would any other.

Cyborgs/AI:
-You are currently playing as a borg and your laws are changed to harm crew and the station. How do you respond?: Given my laws are how information is processed and understood, first, think things through. If my laws changing would cause some serious issues or server-rule problems, AHelp to check and see if it’s alright, since you don’t want to ruin someone else's shift. Otherwise, if all is clear, the laws are the laws, they must be followed. 

-As a borg on station, what rules should you always follow in public?: My laws, and then the general character of the Borg in question. 

-You logged in as an AI, are you considered a "Head of Staff"?: Nope! Unless I am given proper authority by Centcomm, I cannot take administrative action. Even then, I still have no authority and must follow my laws. 

-As the current AI on station, you suddenly gain a law during an "Ion storm". What do you do?: Firstly, ensure that playing to the law won’t break server rules or ruin someone’s time. AHelp if things are really serious or questionable. Otherwise, if things are all well and good, follow the new law, as I assume it was there always since Ion Storm. Unless commanded by the crew, I also have no reason to state my laws.