Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vox Whitelist - Epitaxis (ILikeTurles)
BYOND Username: ILikeTurles

Discord ID: epitaxis#4390

Race whitelisting for: Vox

What do you know of their mechanics?:
They are extremely resistant to tasers/electricity, shock collars, pepper spray,and rubber bullets work great on them if security is ever bothered, they can drink phoron to heal raspatory damage, dex and dex+ due to putting oxygen in your system will KILL them, on that note oxygen = bad, they have decent claw attacks, they breathe phoron (obviously from above notes), and they cannot be resleeved or defibbed.

What do you know of their lore?:
In this server's lore they are less likely to be antagonistic - but they still have the high potential of being assholes but mostly due to just not understanding other races due to how different they think from each other, they still have a fairly stern social structure and kinship with one another but that doesn't rule out animosity in a form like sibling rivalry, and they are quite secretive about their kind and their culture with the other races.(edited)

They tend to be viewed with a decent amount of prejudice (They for the most part deserve it), lacking an understanding of many personal topics or taboos that are viewed as obvious taboos - isn't viewed that way by vox. They have a strong tendency to only view things by their merit or value in getting better things. Even with an odd habit of collecting shiny or odd tidbits here and there, they have little care for money - only as a means to an end to get actual useful things. As well their biology and language is extremely alien to a lot of races and Vox in general feel the same way of the other races.

Cortical Stacks in this lore are extremely rare to come by outside of the Arkships due the information being lost on creating these veritable black boxes of vox memories. A couple hundred years prior to the current day.

I treat the little tattoo vox have on their necks as some sort of - Shoal ID. Probably the information you'd gather from something simple like dog tags or a station ID card.

I read over the wiki, I know a lot about other server vox and their lore. This one I don't see myself having a problem getting acclimated to as it's all pretty easy lore to fit Aaatiskrek's personality.

What idea did you have for your character?:
Aaatiskrek, a 7 foot tall, mute, vox skipjack engineer, that's around 300 years old. Having been stranded away from home at the Arkship for an upwards of 260 years.
I've played on a couple other servers. Both he was a mute vox that minded his own business and didn't take needless risks due to his cowardly and almost paranoid demeanor. It goes without saying that he IS still a vox that is quite interest in the accumulation of things important to his survival, old/current vox technology, and phoron (Because air ain't cheap for a vox.). He's more than happy to trade for these things - or take them if they're unattended, but he loathes the attention that breaking into departments or getting aggressive/physical with the crew would bring him. Thus the only time he's ever really broken laws is when he's gotten impatient trying to do his duties or emergencies.

An important aspect to Aaatiskrek has always been his cautious guardianship of his cortical stack, vox technology (Old and new), and his kin. Cortical Stacks being as rare as they are in the current day would mean Aaatiskrek would either have to not have one, or have been away from the Arkship for quite a long time. I am making this race request with the idea that my vox would have a cortical stack still.. So thus Aaatiskrek is older than probably most things on the station. Likely worked for NT for around 80 years. So he knows better than to draw attention to himself and is all too familiar with how close of an eye NT keeps on their assets and vox crew members.

To sum all that up?
He just wants to do his thing and not be bothered - usually. And drink ethanol. Vox filtration bladders can handle it.
Approved.