Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central's Whitelist Application
BYOND Username: centralsmith

Discord ID: tempest#1001

How long have you played on CHOMPstation?: About a week now

About how long have you been playing SS13 in general? Which servers have you played on?: More than I can remember. I've been at it for years!

How do you quit the round and free up your job slot if you can't get to cryo or the gateway?

Ahelp your situation

Heads of Staff:
-While playing Colony Director, what regulations are you to follow and enforce on the crew?

Corporate Regulations (though you're absolutely not Security, so don't go Judge Dredd on the crew pls)

-While playing any head of staff, are you allowed to carry guns on your person?
Yes, but it must be hidden during relevant alerts (green, for example)

-You are the current Chief of Engineering, what are the regulations on ‘Full-station hull shields’?
Don't have shields that cover access points unless there's a relevant emergency inbound e.g. meteor shower

-As the current Chief Medical Officer, your patient is refusing treatment. What should you do
If the patient is adequately informed and it is voluntary, they have a right to refuse. It can and will be documented though.

Warden/Head of Security:
-As the current Warden on station, what is your main responsibility?

Largely in charge of the brig and armory, their duty is to oversee the brig and the prisoners within, as well as protecting the armory.

-Station has been set to ‘code blue’, what level of gear are you allowed to handout and to whom?
HoS or Warden may pass otu weapon to security personnel - Energy, laser, or riot gear.

-What is the first thing one should do when confronting a suspect of a low level crime?
Calmly engage the person in dialogue to attempt and end the situation without violence - petty theft doesn't need to escalate to beatings.

-You find the Head of Personnel within the armory, how does one engage this situation
Order them to leave, and arrest them immediately.

Cyborgs/AI:
-You are currently playing as a borg and your laws are changed to harm crew and the station. How do you respond?

Depends on the situation - ion laws aren't necessarily 'known' to the AI as being invalid laws. If they were changed by a traitor, I might have to follow them but I can wiggle around them as much as I can. Generally, Central as an AI still has his core moral and ethical standards - he would never want to kill the crew senselessly, so he'll try and find ways around it if at all possible (Within reason, of course)

-As a borg on station, what rules should you always follow in public?
As far as I'm aware, just the AI laws

-You logged in as an AI, are you considered a "Head of Staff"?
Nope, the AI is not a 'sixth' head of staff. The only time they'd have command authority is if it was given to them by the Captain, or there are no other heads of staff on station and no backup options either.

-As the current AI on station, you suddenly gain a law during an "Ion storm". What do you do?
It largely depends on the law. If it is a simple thing, from the wiki, you're not supposed to 'know' an Ion law was not legitimately added, however if it conflicts with other laws it becomes more complicated. No law supersedes another, so conflicting laws will need to be resolved somehow - even if that's announcing AI systems are in lockdown until law conflict is resolved.
Approved