ChompForums

Full Version: Velo - Shadekin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Carbon Shadekin Whitelist

BYOND Username (Ckey): Xioen

Discord Username/ID: Xioen#0339

How long have you been a member of CHOMPStation13: Roughly three years and eight months! (First joined in September of 2019)

Shadekin Character

What is this character's backstory? Alternatively, list out the idea you had for your character:
I normally enjoy making backstories, but for the sake of Shadekins being relatively difficult to make backstories for in regard to NT and other groups? I’ll stick with a general outline! The character in question is intended to be a timid, green-eyed shadekin with a bit of a curiosity streak, leading them to generally only appear before one or two people at a time to interact with, and study them. Albeit, likely with only one-sided communication, as the character is not intended to speak G. Common right away, but instead learn it over time.

Some of their quirks being a light bit of kleptomania (until interest is lost on the taken items), aversion to crowds and light, a tendency to pop in and likely startle individuals (mostly due to popping in just out of sight nearby), and a constant occurrence of not realizing just how different realspace is compared to The Dark.

The character’s name is intended to be “Velo”, with their mother having named them after a certain fibrous plant that they knew of from Moghes. The reason behind this name would be tied to their own appearance, with their fur being a stark white.

Why do you want to play this species?: The reason I want to play this species a bit simplistic, and slightly dumb. I just really enjoy the thought of RPing as a fluffy shortstack first and foremost. On top of the opportunity for the unique roleplay potential as a Shadekin that doesn’t know much about real-space, and is attempting to understand both its general laws, and inhabitants.

What will this character bring to the station's roleplaying environment?: My hope is to bring an odd observer type of character initially, and have them, bit by bit, begin interacting with other characters in ways that are their own way of studying the inhabitants of realspace.

How will the species influence the way you roleplay this character?:  The species in question would influence the way I play this character in a variety of ways. In regard to Shadekin lore itself, they would constantly attempt to be elusive to groups, and spend a large portion of time in the dark until they find an opportunity for interaction with an isolated person, or very small group, as well as roleplay a general aversion and dislike of light (Due to preferring to have an exit at a second’s notice). Additionally, this character is supposed to be rather new to the concept of realspace, and was curious about experiencing it, and so their existence as a character is meant to constantly be changing in regards to how much they interact, and what they take interest in regarding activities.

Of course, on top of this. I know it is expected of me to roleplay in a way that accurately represent and showcase a Shadekin by adhering to their respective guidlines and lore.

Shadekin Lore

Shadekins are very prone to change by their ability to adapt, but what is the most noticeable change that can happen on one? On the lore page, there were three incredibly noticeable changes that can happen on a Shadekin. An increase in size and strength from frequent fighting, the development of webbed features or the ability to breathe underwater in response to living near water, and finally, the third distinct adaptation is related to eye-color, which is generally used to identify general behaviors based around primary, and secondary colors (red, blue, yellow, green, purple, orange).

Shadekins have a very unique ability to phase, but what are the limiting factors that prevent them from using it? The limiting factors that can prevent a Shadekin from phasing, unless highly specialized in the ability, are light and being observed.

In general, shadekins take pride and respect in their names, but what, who, and how do they get a name? Shadekins are normally given their first name by their mother at the Hub within The Dark, that of which normally pertains to a language that the Mother knew well. Additional names are earned through proficiencies, and given by the Shadekin’s peers, with these additional names having association with the specific proficiency.

Shadekin Mechanics

What abilities does a shadekin have in their kit? Dark Respite (self-healing ability while in The Dark, also automatically activates for critical condition with a Cooldown), Dark Tunnelling (allows the Shadekin to build a portal to the Shadekin hideout), Create Shade (creates a circle of darkness around the Shadekin), Regenerate Other (use to heal a target), Phase Shift (the iconic phasing ability of Shadekin), and Shadekin Empathy (long-distance communication with other Shadekin via their unique language).

Mechanically, what do different eye colors do on a shadekin?  Different eye colors, mechanically, alter their maximum health, their energy generation (or degeneration) in the light, and their energy generation in darkness.

What effects does light do on a shadekin, and how bothersome is general station lights to one? This one was not specified in the lore page from the Forums- However, light limits a Shadekin’s energy regeneration mechanically and for some Eye colors, even causes energy loss. Additionally, it can prevent them from entering The Dark entirely, unless the Shadekin is especially skilled (whilst not being directly observed). As far as how bothersome general station lights are to Shadekin (this is a bit assumption based), it would vary depending on the type of Shadekin, but would likely be a bother to those that prefer spending most of their time in The Dark (for the purpose of being able to phase when so desired), whilst causing little to no effect on those that prefer staying in realspace, but is never actually harmful to any Shadekin.
You been approved via the Discord app.
Thanks for applying here!