ChompForums

Full Version: Kiti and Snatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Carbon Shadekin Whitelist

BYOND Username (Ckey): lowpowermia

Discord Username/ID: low power#8162

How long have you been a member of CHOMPStation13:
Since 4/26/2018
Shadekin Character

What is this character's backstory? Alternatively, list out the idea you had for your character:
Kiti
They specifically are just a drifter. Going in and out through realspace and not to just-- well, explore and learn things. They like to help others they find, and tend toward affection at people. Kinda leading towards its' name being Kiti.
Snatch
Dumbass from a prior event I really liked playing, basically a dumb brat that usually ends up underneath, inside, or full of someone easily bullying him. He used to be a decently powerful red-eyed shadekin who used to steal stuff all the time. Now he just can't get this STUPID COLLAR off, and spends his days trying to get someone to remove it.

Why do you want to play this species?:
Shadekin are fun, plus that new ability seems like a fun addition to the mob-vers, carbon makes it more interesting.
What will this character bring to the station's roleplaying environment?:
Kiti, probably some more help if I see any miners around, while Snatch may mess with people-- and promptly get their ass kicked (Hopefully in a fun way.)
How will the species influence the way you roleplay this character?:
Not employed, I do the outside experience. We vibe in the caves and such.
Shadekin Lore

Shadekins are very prone to change by their ability to adapt, but what is the most noticeable change that can happen on one?
Size, although they are able to adapt their bodies to things they do often.
Shadekins have a very unique ability to phase, but what are the limiting factors that prevent them from using it?
Being seen, specifically. They're like the epitome of 'out of sight out of mind', but literal.
In general, shadekins take pride and respect in their names, but what, who, and how do they get a name?
By things they do. Snatch steals, so he's Snatch. Kiti is... affectionate and helpful, so kind of like a kitty. I guess. Usually it's by their peers if they do something pretty well.
Shadekin Mechanics

What abilities does a shadekin have in their kit?
Teleporting in an emergency, healing in the dark (active I think), phasing, and making their base. Oh, and the shadow ability- and healing others.
Mechanically, what do different eye colors do on a shadekin?
Nothing, at the moment.
What effects does light do on a shadekin, and how bothersome is general station lights to one?
It's not bothersome to them much at all.
"How will the species influence the way you roleplay this character?:
Not employed, I do the outside experience. We vibe in the caves and such."
By adhering to the shadekin guidelines and lore, as a whitelist species, it is expected of me to accurately represent and showcase shadekin as an anomalous and unique alien species.

"Shadekins are very prone to change by their ability to adapt, but what is the most noticeable change that can happen on one?
Size, although they are able to adapt their bodies to things they do often."
Their most noticeable change is their eye color.

"Shadekins have a very unique ability to phase, but what are the limiting factors that prevent them from using it?
Being seen, specifically. They're like the epitome of 'out of sight out of mind', but literal."
Light can limit and prevent shadekins from phasing.

"In general, shadekins take pride and respect in their names, but what, who, and how do they get a name?
By things they do. Snatch steals, so he's Snatch. Kiti is... affectionate and helpful, so kind of like a kitty. I guess. Usually it's by their peers if they do something pretty well."
Besides being given a formal name by their parents, Shadekin typically identify themselves by a name based on their accomplishments or discoveries.

"What abilities does a shadekin have in their kit?
Teleporting in an emergency, healing in the dark (active I think), phasing, and making their base. Oh, and the shadow ability- and healing others."
Dark Respite: Shadekins have the ability to use Dark Respite while in the dark to heal major injuries such as broken bones and internal bleeding, as well as restore blood at the cost of nutrition. If a Shadekin is about to die outside of the Dark, they will be pulled into the Dark and forced to remain there for fifteen minutes. This ability has a cooldown of twenty minutes.
Dark Tunneling: Builds a portal that leads to the shadekin hideout. Only 1 per shadekin.
Create Shade: Creates a circle of darkness around the shadekin.
Regenerate Other: Healing spell that heals others for a few seconds.
Phase Shift: Shadekin can phase in and out of reality.
Shadekin Empathy: Shadekin can communicate to each other from long distances with their own language.

I'll like from you to re-read the shadekin lore/guidelines and re-apply to the whitelist.
Carbon Shadekin Whitelist

BYOND Username (Ckey): lowpowermia

Discord Username/ID: low power#8162

How long have you been a member of CHOMPStation13:
Since 4/26/2018
Shadekin Character

What is this character's backstory? Alternatively, list out the idea you had for your character:
Kiti
They specifically are just a drifter. Going in and out through realspace and not to just-- well, explore and learn things. They like to help others they find, and tend toward affection at people. Kinda leading towards its' name being Kiti.
Snatch
Dumbass from a prior event I really liked playing, basically a dumb brat that usually ends up underneath, inside, or full of someone easily bullying him. He used to be a decently powerful red-eyed shadekin who used to steal stuff all the time. Now he just can't get this STUPID COLLAR off, and spends his days trying to get someone to remove it.

Why do you want to play this species?:
Shadekin are fun, plus that new ability seems like a fun addition to the mob-vers, carbon makes it more interesting.
What will this character bring to the station's roleplaying environment?:
Kiti, probably some more help if I see any miners around, while Snatch may mess with people-- and promptly get their keister kicked (Hopefully in a fun way.)
How will the species influence the way you roleplay this character?:
I'll play them according to the lore, and such, and accurately portray them to the lore.
Shadekin Lore

Shadekins are very prone to change by their ability to adapt, but what is the most noticeable change that can happen on one?
Size, although they are able to adapt their bodies to things they do often. That, and their eye color.
Shadekins have a very unique ability to phase, but what are the limiting factors that prevent them from using it?
Being seen, specifically. They're like the epitome of 'out of sight out of mind', but literal. Oh, and light, I guess. 
In general, shadekins take pride and respect in their names, but what, who, and how do they get a name?
By things they do. Snatch steals, so he's Snatch. Kiti is... affectionate and helpful, so kind of like a kitty. I guess. Usually it's by their peers if they do something pretty well. Oh, and their like, parents?
Shadekin Mechanics

What abilities does a shadekin have in their kit?
Teleporting in an emergency, healing in the dark (active I think), phasing, and making their base. Oh, and the shadow ability- and healing others."

Dark Respite: Shadekins have the ability to use Dark Respite while in the dark to heal major injuries such as broken bones and internal bleeding, as well as restore blood at the cost of nutrition. If a Shadekin is about to die outside of the Dark, they will be pulled into the Dark and forced to remain there for fifteen minutes. This ability has a cooldown of twenty minutes.

Dark Tunneling: Builds a portal that leads to the shadekin hideout. Only 1 per shadekin.

Create Shade: Creates a circle of darkness around the shadekin.

Regenerate Other: Healing spell that heals others for a few seconds.

Phase Shift: Shadekin can phase in and out of reality.
Shadekin Empathy: Shadekin can communicate to each other from long distances with their own language.
Mechanically, what do different eye colors do on a shadekin?
Nothing, at the moment.
What effects does light do on a shadekin, and how bothersome is general station lights to one?
It's not bothersome to them much at all.
This is pretty good, adding you to the whitelist.