ChompForums

Full Version: RedFoxChatterBox - Moderator Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
General

BYOND Name:

RedFoxChatterBox

Discord Name:
Dr. Chatter Fox#6358

What role you are applying for:

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:
I've been playing SS13 on and off for well over 7 years now, and what usually drives me away from the game is being unable to find a good community.  Since finding Chomp, I've felt like the server has been a safe space for me and given me that good community; and I want to give back now.  I've been a moderator across various platforms, games, and servers over the years, and it's something I really enjoy doing.  Most recently, I was a game moderator for a game called "Foxhole" for well over a year.  I eventually became one of the senior mods and helped onboard the new moderators as they came about.

I also work in emergency response, so dealing with chaotic events is something I deal with on a day-to-day basis. I've learned how to not only be confident in myself, but know how to keep my cool when the going gets tough.  I've found that these skills directly relate to moderating, and I find the entire thing a nice break from my normal day-to-day.

How long have you played on the server for?:
About 1 year now. I took a little break over the last few months, but part of pacing myself now will help ensure I'm around for the long run.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
Not that I can remember.

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
Yes, many years ago and on another account. I was really new to the game and a friend of mine and me were being stupid and self-antag'd.  I was also kicked off another server near the same time for the way I handled a mutiny as the Captain.  I feel there is no need for me to hide these mistakes as they happened many years ago and I've learned some big lessons from these experiences. I haven't repeated these mistakes since, and I think I'm better for it now.

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
Yes:
- The original Bay Station 13 for about 2-3 months, just after the major split that created Polaris
- Skyrat for 1 month (I can provide a couple references for this one)

What do you want to gain from being staff?
I just enjoy helping out at places I like to frequent. I honestly enjoy being on staff, and helping out at places like this just makes me feel like I've done something with my day.  One of my favorite things to do after a night shift was to answer all the leftover mod mail tickets in Foxhole until I couldn't keep my eyes open any more. I answered the second highest number of tickets in that game, and I believe I was somewhere around 3rd highest at Skyrat.  I love coming to the server, and I'd just like to contribute more than just being a player.

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
I really enjoyed helping out with events at previous SS13 servers.  I'd love to help out with those in any way, shape, or form.  Eventually, if things go my way I think I could really sink my teeth into being an event manager, or even just helping the other event managers with their events.

What do you want to offer to the community?
Just another calm voice that is ready to help out.  Sometimes just lending a listening ear is all people need, and this can go a long way.  Other times getting feedback is critical.  I want to be in a position where I can help people and feel like someone they can trust to talk to. 

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
Well, my schedule "Cascades". We work two days, immediately followed by two nights, and then four days off.  So, if we start our first day shift on a Monday, our first day shift next week will be on a Tuesday. The schedules cascades until eventually, several weeks later, it resets.  I'm usually the most active between shifts and try to enjoy my days off doing other things. That said, I still play games in the evenings, so you can expect to see me on days off as well.

If you have been a mod/admin in elsewhere, is there anybody who can provide a recommendation?
Yes. Please DM me on Discord and I will happily provide references.

We are here to offer a service to the community; as a moderator, how do you want to be represented?
As a consummate professional who is calm and level headed.  My day job requires me to be the calm in the storm during peoples worst moments, and has permanently left the mark of "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" on me.
I do like that you have experience with administration in Foxhole. We're not exactly sure who you are tho. Seems like you took a 9 month hiatus and applied for admin 6 days after coming back from that. Some more recent time spent integrating and interacting with the community would be good. Getting to know you would be even better. I'll keep this app up here tho and we can review it some time later again.
Approved