ChompForums

Full Version: Mango's EM application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
General

BYOND Name: 123Mango321

Discord Name:Mr.Mango#0712

What role you are applying for: Event manager

Why do you wish to be in the position you choose?:
I'd like to host my own events without putting a load on members of staff every single time I want to host.

How long have you played on the server for?:
I've been playing since July for at least one shift every day!

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins? If so, why?
Nope! I've managed to behave myself so far!

Have you ever been banned, warned, or otherwise reprimanded by admins on another server? If so, why?
Nope! I've been a good noodle!

Have you ever been staff on another server? If yes, how long?
I do have my own little test server that I use for my own needs, so I'm somewhat familiar with admin verbs. That's as far as my experience stretches though. I've yet to deal with the people side of being staff.

What do you want to gain from being staff?
I desire the power to control the world! And by that, I mean being able to spawn things for my own events as well as taking care of spice requests

How do you see yourself in the future of the server?
I'd like to be able to dish out events that can match Kassc's own.

What do you want to offer to the community?
If someone has an idea for an event, I'd like to be a guide for setting it up as well as offering the tools needed

What times are you most active? Please include your time zone as we'd like to cover schedule gaps if possible.
I'm usually free every night! 10pm to 4am CST. I can make myself avaliable for most other times as well, long as I'm notified the day before I'm needed

Event Manager

If you have been a game host in the past, how good have you been at improvising? This doesn’t need to be ss13 and could involve examples such as being a Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master.
I once was a part of a RP focused guild on ESO. I was hosting an event to uncover some story set for one of my characters that people liked. The combat encounters I had in place were being quickly mowed though so I had to extend the battlefield and toss more at the group to slow them down. Didn't want them to finish the event too soon! I also threw a quick puzzle at them to give myself time to think, in the form of a SLIDING door that somehow worked much better at pausing them than I thought. It wasn't until I dropped a hint that one of them slid the door out of the way and continued progressing

This is the most stressful position in the staff team; how well do you handle negative community feedback?
Can't win every battle. In the past, I'd get very anxious about negative feedback. But recently, I've been improving. And if anxiety does spike, I now have better methods to deal with it than I did before.
Yes.
So with the number of community events you have hosted and how active you have been in the community and with the added note of you being quite a behaved player that has adapted with the server rules and the community itself . . I have no excuses or worries on having you take part of our staff team.
This is a yes from me, thanks for considering and dedicating your time and effort on this community~